Crafters Challenge July 6th-12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So, are we getting down to business and really thinking of the items we would like to do for Christmas? I know a lot of time from now till then...BUT it sneaks up.

I have 5 birthdays by then--not sure if making or buying. Might do some pillowcases with a new pillow and then money or ????

Plus I still have a couple items I owe my niece for her 18" doll.

For 2014 Christmas I need to do:

Teigan ---a stocking---have to find the Elmo material, can't decide on it

Jaymee-----a stocking

I am thinking quilts for:
Carson
Mason
Lyla
Ava

Sweatshirt for Aunt Imogene more than likely

There are other items but can't think of them now.

What are your plans?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went through my Pinterest to do list and decided what I really wanted to make.
I have made a hand soap and decorated it like a snowman, I have made my mum a necklace out of grey pearl beads that have 3 blue beads and 3 pink beads to represent her grand kids. I need to take it to the jewellers nearby so he can do a clasp for me.

I would like to fill some clear baubles with pearls and monograms, but they broke when I put the pearls in. Obviously the glass was too thin. Not sure what I will do now.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrinia, I REALLY need to go thru my pinterest boards and see what is on there!!!! (to much that I will NEVER get to) Gotta dream tho, lol!
Your necklace sounds very pretty, what a nice gift. Hopefully you can figure the other one out or a substitute.

I have hemmed a pair of dress slacks. Hmmm not on my list. See how far I get!!!

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I'm Back! Life has been throwing me a few curve balls & a couple knuckle balls...... but I have been crafting to keep my sanity!
Right now I'm working on my ornament covers for a November craft show. I am hoping to have enough stuff to almost fill my 6 x 8 foot space!

Happy Crafting!
Tina

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on my rugs, would like to finish a few more before it gets hot again.
I would like to pull out the sewing machine and sew a ruffled edge on some tea towels that I have bought. They are red towels and would be great for Christmas. I also have some hoe pink knitting cotton that I will use to knit a lace edge for some pillow cases. I think they will make a nice gift for a young girl I know.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrinia, I should do some braided rugs out of t-shirts--yours would be a lot nicer! The towels sound like they would be pretty with ruffles. My g'ma use to do the crocheting on pillowcases--so pretty.