Crafters Challenge June 14th-20th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did finish up my CIJ ornaments and got them wrapped before the deadline!!! They were due to me the 10th and I finished early!!! :) :)

I did buy my material to try to make the item that I have picked out (I think) for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap. It is thru HGTV. Well, they closed the HGTV forums but a lady opened a board for the sewers.

I envy DD and trip to Alaska. That is the one place that I would really like to go to, one day.

I am hoping to continue the cleaning this week, so not sure on the crafting side how much will get done!

Have the one baby to sew for---due in August. Forgot What Allen said it was to be--thinking a girl--he works with the father t be!

Need to try the swap item to see if it works for me or not.

What are your plans?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You are welcome Lucie.
I also like the girls fabric covered earrings, they might also make it onto the list

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm checking back in this week after being lost in the garden for a while :)

I had a flurry of creative energy and got patterns cut, pieces traced and kits assembled for 4 felt ornaments.

I finished the felt snowman heart ornament I've been working on and also finished a felt ornament that is heart shaped decorated with felt holly leaves and some beading - SO cute!

I'll post a pic soon - it came together so quick I'm going to make another one to keep for us!

I've made a start on yet another felt ornament, but plenty of work left to go.

I also had an epiphany on how to get patterns onto flour sack towels so I could embroider them. I've ruined a few towels trying various methods and it finally hit me. The images I wanted to transfer were pretty darn basic, just cute little cartoon drawings of food with faces/hands - I could just draw on the towels with a pen.

Took very little time and now I have a stack of four towels to embroider. I am going to look into getting a stabilizer though - I think they make a kind that will wash away once the embroider is done? Or pull away or something?

Oh, and I also made a start on a "hot air balloon" ornament. That one is hard to describe so I'll just post a pic when done...I'm probably about half way there on that one...

Hoping to keep up the momentum during the week but the garden weeds probably have other plans for me...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, you need to join the CIJ ornament swap next yr.. You all do! Will have to study up on the out of country shipping and such.

I brought some flannel today at lunch for washcloths and burp rags.

There is the stuff you embroider on and can tear away when design is done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I missed my craft day this week because my co worker was sick and I had to fill in for her. Will have to catch up next week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jaymee and I are going to Hobby Lobby here alittle bit later so might get some more material for the scarfs I want to do. For 12 Days of Christmas.

I got some cookie cutters yesterday at 20% off for a craft.

Need some black and orange tulip paint too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will be making that ornement for my 2 + niece and nephew

Made 3 ICAD's this afternoon (prompts: mailbox, owl, map)... just learning how to work with different mediums

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that is so dang cute.