Crafter's Challenge June 25th----July 1st, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ending another month!!!!!

While waiting for the other boxes to get to me for CIJ swap I was getting ready to wrap mine and decided to add something so finishing that up and will wrap tonight.

Summer time has us all doing stuff, and going places.

Mall of America has a yarn store but no other craft store that I saw.

What are you planning to work on this week?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I kitted up a kit to hand sew on some ornaments that I cut out. I can work on them while we are driving and at DS's in the evenings.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will continue to crochet blankets. Probably have enough wool to do 3 depending what size I do. That will get rid of all the wool that I have.
If I decide to do more later I will buy more wool.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
CB46DD37-11F4-4257-8693-FDDA13CA8986.jpeg
I am playing around with this blue Hemp yarn.

@sweetpumkinpye I like how you call yarn …. wool!! :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I finished up a knit doll blanket yesterday and would like to get another knitting project going before DD and family arrive (Wednesday late-late night). I'm on the final backstitching of one of the woodland animals (owl) for Valentin's calendar and can get that finished before they arrive, too. Once we have them here, my crafting time will be limited to fits and starts, so a little knitting, maybe a moment here and there to do some sewing, and cross stitch. We'll probably find some crafts to do with the kiddos, too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the first blanket and have made a start on a second.
@sweetpumkinpye I like how you call yarn …. wool!! :)
I wonder why it is called yarn, seems like an unusual word.

• Haha
Reactions: Lana and jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Katrina I think the main reason that yarn isn’t called wool is because 99% of what is sold at Michael’. Joann, Hobby Lobby and Walmart contains no wool. Therefore it’s considered false advertising to call it wool.

Just need to cast off the headband and then sew in yarn ends for both the headband and fingerless gloves. Once that’s done I can cross off another gift.
Also need to make a list of what I need to get made craft wise in July.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the prototype of the Christmas felt ornament I will be giving to friends this Christmas (a gingerbread man). I've started making the tags to add to them and cutting more felt ornaments.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina I think the main reason that yarn isn’t called wool is because 99% of what is sold at Michael’. Joann, Hobby Lobby and Walmart contains no wool. Therefore it’s considered false advertising to call it wool.
Well that makes perfect sense. I will look at what the label here say when I buy my next lot.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
With sweet Julia's help today (age 7), we finished the embellishment on a sweatshirt for DH. I explained the hooping process as she watched me. She learned to change thread colors, start and stop the embroidery machine.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Fingerless gloves and headband are done and June crafts are up on my blog.
They do need to be blocked but will do that once it gets closer to Christmas as they may get pushed around a lot in the gift tote next few months. Have posted a reminder in my planner.
Have enough yarn left over that I should be able to get a pair of wrist warmers from them to add but that will be a fall project if I decide to make them. Have a few other projects I want to take care of first.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Not a lot done here this week. Busy with kitchen stuff and the gift closet. I did pick apart a purse I made a few years ago, I didn’t like the pattern. Making a different purse out of the fabric.