Crafters Challenge March 30th-April 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We will be into a new month at the end of this weeks challenge!

Yesterday on Ebay I won (LOL) a pattern for 18" doll clothes. I need to check this a.m. and see if I won the other one.

I really need to pick out what I am going to make for Kristens doll. Hoping will fit once made!

Have been trying to find pattens for the lawn geese--clothing. The patterns are retired and on Ebay they go for $20 and up. Some cheaper but the ones I really want. Maybe I should ask on the Rummage sale site if anybody has any. Hmmmmmm

What are you hoping to work on this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good luck on finding those patterns for cheaper, Lana!

This week I am picking back up with a group of ornaments I meant to give as gifts this past Christmas - I'd finished one but never got to the other 3 meant for the same family...

SO - I've made a good start on the 2nd ornament - used fusible webbing to attach all the diff pieces of felt to a large sheet of black felt (which I then stretched on embroidery hoop) and I'm just sewing all the pieces down now and adding the details...

Then I'll cute the shape out - leaving a slight border of black felt as a kind of frame - and then sew that edge to keep it nice and neat.

This is an ornament that looks like a little girl in winter coat, with muff and scarf. The final touch is to cut out and sew together pieces that look like her hair - I add embroidery details to make it look like there are "waves" in the hair in the back.

Then I'll sew it the main part of the ornament and add the hanging ribbon...

These turn out really cute, but there are so many details they take a while! Hope to finish the one I'm working on this week and make a start on the next!

Not sure if I shared a link of the one I already finished?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/endless_hollydaze/9401892934/

I'm making a total of two that look just like this for twin girls, then similar but slightly different ornaments for their older sister and mom...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just ordered some old keys on ebay. Will make Santa keys for my kids and maybe a few nieces and nephews - a lot of 8 keys. May take a few weeks to receive them though.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carrie, so glad to see you posting!!!! When is your craft sale?

Very cute, AuntJ.

Lucie, I love the Santa keys.

I am actually cutting out a checkbook cover now. I haven't made a new one in probably a yr. or so. Always intend to for all seasons but I don't. They are fast and easy!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cmerth – Are you knitting your potholders – or sewing? I’ve knitted some before but have been eyeing some really cute patterns for sewing them! I’m not a strong sewing machine sewer yet

Luludou – What are Santa keys? I feel like I should know this already – but they sound really cute!

Lana – Love the idea on a checkbook cover(s)!

I’m continuing to work on my felt ornament project. I also went out and bought all the supplies for a new project for decorating new room for DS.

It involves covering cardboard letters with batting and fabric. His room is going to be an outer space theme so the fabrics I’ve chosen are a couple of cute space theme prints and some subtle prints in primary colors that coordinate.

I’m going to try using this tutorial on putting it all together – it seems simple enough!

http://jessicapeck.blogspot.com.au/2009/06/fabric-covered-letter-tutorial.html

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Yes Lucie -do tell what the Santa keys are-I think I know but would love to see yours-sounds like something my DGDs need!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I got a bit of sewing done.... one set of coasters. I am hoping to finish another set on Sunday.

I am sewing potholders and coasters. My next project is fabric bags that hold store plastic bags (so people can save them and reuse them). I made them a few years ago and they were a hit.

I need to either knit something in the evenings or do some needlework. Busy hands!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been busy today. I sewed the end of 21 t-shirt bags I made for school. Decorated 17 birdhouses for our Christmas tree and made all the ornaments for the CIJ
Swap. I feel awesome getting all that done.

My next project is a quiet book for granddaughters. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! MissJoDeen you sure did alot today! would love to see pictures of your crafts, especially the Christmas birdhouses.