Crafters Challenge May 20th-26th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Not sure what I will try to do this week. A new Goosey outfit for the one on the porch. Tearing the other one apart to get a pattern for the bonnet.

Need to make something for Christmas so I can get my May sewing chance in on the HGTV forum board I go to once in awhile. Will see.

What are you all working on?

After this week we will be down another month! Will be about 7 months until Christmas!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great question! I am in a bit of a muddle on what to tackle next from my looong list of craft projects this year! Trying to figure out what I have the most supplies for already - to minimize the cost of what I may need to get.

I did make great headway on Father's Day card and present this weekend! Card is finished. LOVE how it turned out! See original project here

http://tiffkeetch.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-much-card-and-kid-canvas.html

I pretty much used the same colors, similar stamps for the letters, etc. It turned out great! Quick and easy too since daycare had sent home a Mother's Day card with DS's hand's traced on it. I just traced those again instead of fighting with the little guy to get a fresh trace! lol

I also am almost finished with this project:

http://father.tipjunkie.com/framed-family-handprints-crafts-for-fathers-day/

I had to paint the frame black yesterday, but that is all done now. Got everything traced and cut and ready to assemble except for DH's hand. I have the trace now - made up an excuse about a sewing project - and just need to cut it out and assemble the whole thing.

I also realized I had forgotten to add the little legs to the bear ornament I made for DS for Christmas so I corrected that oversight! STILL cannot get a scarf I like on that little guy. UGH! Didn't like the one I knitted out of blue yarn. I crocheted one yesterday out of red eyelash yarn - which is cute, but too girly.

I'll find the right scarf yet!!! I swear I will!!!! :)

OK - off to brainstrom on next plan of action for crafting! I'm drawn to the idea of fitting in a Halloween decor craft pretty soon. I have several I want to make for decorating the house this year...

I'll check back later to see what you guys are up to!