Crafters Challenge May 4th-May 10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This week I would like to work on:

Teigans hat

Burp rags and wash clothes for the neighbors (baby due in mid May)

CIJ ornaments

AuntJ-did you find picture frames at the sale?

What are you all hoping to do?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to start, finish and mail a scrapbook album.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made an african flower crochet scarf this winter but the sides always roll up so I'm thinking I will 'square' the whole thing. I need to paint a crate (clémentine crate) in red and add the words 'Christmas' on it in white so I can fill it up with greenery & lights for Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana - Good luck on your craft list! You've reminded me to start thinking ahead for CIJ! And yes! I did get the picture frames - I think they will work fine. Just need to measure them so I know what size to make my "felt pictures" from - can't wait!!!

Ahousesoul - Have fun with your album! I so miss scrapbooking! Since the fire all my paper crafting tools, etc. that made it have been packed away in storage - I'm sure it will all be like new again once I am able to get it out. I have so many albums to catch up on!!!

luludou - That crate sounds lovely!!! One of my favorite "looks" at Christmas is that contrast between bright red, green and white.

cmerth - Baby blankets are always fun! What colors did you use?

My progress report is decent this time. In addition to getting those frames this weekend I also made great progress on the felt ornaments - the main figures are done and cut out. Now I am working on cutting, embellishing and adding the "hair" to the backs of the ornaments.

I also cut the fabric for the throw pillow I'm making for DS's room. Got the pattern for all the embroidery marked and started embroidering last night.

I'd say I'm 1/3rd done with the embroidery so far - shouldn't take more than 2-3 nights to finish completely - maybe less.

So goals this week are to finish felt ornaments and finish embroidery on pillow cover...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a good amount done on embroidering pillow last night! Just have rocket ship shape left to do and then I can start on the borders...

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Jamelle,

The colors of the baby quilt are blue. Blue floral (several different patterns), blue cats and brown (to match the cats). I will be for a boy.... I made it and then found out hubby's cousin is having a girl. Ooops!!! Guess I will just finish it and hope that someone soon has a boy and I can share it then.

I made a pink picnic blanket and I am tempted to give it to hubby's cousin for their baby. It has pinks, purples and yellows. Think that would work??

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
cmerth - I totally think those colors would work for a girl! Hopefully it won't be TOO long before you have a little guy to benefit from the other blanket you made! Although depending on the parents - they may not care if a little girl has a blanket with blues and browns - it sounds so pretty!

My four year old son's current favorite color is pink - LOL His father LOVES that. :)

I did some more embroidery last night, didn't get too far. Very tired as I was at the end of the first day of a 3 day diet plan that "reboots" your system. Hoping I can have a bit more energy for crafting tonight!