Crafters Challenge Oct. 27th-Nov. 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Notice the change of the month at the end of this weeks challenge!!!

I have finished the ends on all the scarfs that I have made. I need to make about 5 or 6 more I am thinking.

On my blog I just posted a picture of the scarf I did last night to wear on the 31st to work.

Friday night Allen and I cut all the 36 pieces for the quilt for Jaymee that I will TRY to do. Allen had maybe 8 or so cut. Was hoping to clean yesterday afternoon and sew last night but Jaymee came over yesterday about the time I got home and left about 6:30. So I just crocheted and finish several ends.

This week will be the quilt.

While she was here we ordered the material for a car seat tent to make.

What do you have planned this week?

Jampss, is it tulle? Sounds like a neat costume.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
A book for my husband of childhood pictures his sister gave us, and need to knit a scarf too
Both gifts.

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
This week I plan to get productive.

1)Clean craft room - About 1/2 done
2)Clean bedroom - Going on to the next list
3)Finish cutting place mats - Done!
4)Sew basic animal parts for nieces - 1/2 done, need to do one set of legs
5)Trace patterns for niece - Done
6)Finish paint suit for M -Done
7)Cut out pyjamas - 2 pairs cut, 4 more to go
8)Knit ribbon scarf - Fell off after 3 rows, time to restart
9)Work on Christmas Countdown binder - All printed and ready to go - Wow, coming back to this has been wonderful, I can already feel less stressed, I didn't use it the past couple years with living at home and what not, but have come back to it and will do what works for me personally, so far it's going great.

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
First need to get Kenny's Halloween costume finished. He came home the other day said that all the Varsity X-country and football players are going to school on Thursday dressed as nerds. Quick trip to $ store $3 later we have his costume add a white dress shirt and suspenders and were done

Kenny's costume: make some sort of pocket protector, cut pants to make them shorter and fold and tack, put medical tape on glasses
/Randa's scarf
work on Randa's poppet
Make as many dishclothes as possible to use up these things of cotton yarn Have 5 1/2 done so far

I also know that I will be spending a bunch of time at funeral homes this week as I know of three people that passed on in the past 24 hours. One a dear friends father, another friends 18 month old nephew, and an old neighbor son's 23 year old son was killed last night and completely devastating. I have known him for 14 years. Maranda want's to come home for this one

Ok think that will do it

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
KimD sorry about all your losses.

Finished 4 more christmas ornaments, did all my pockets made of ribbon to put chocolate in. Starting to work on my christmas cards.. prepping something special to add to my store-bought cards.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, prayers for all the losses.

Lucie, WTG on the ornaments.

Kim, I have some cotton yarn also that I need to make up and move out or use.

Princess_Christmas, you have a busy week planned. How are you doing?

Last night I sat down and started sewing on the quilt for Jaymees shower. I have 1/2 of it sewn together. Then this a.m. I went in to iron my shirt for work and I sewed another fourth of it. It is 36 wedges and you sew 9 at a time and then 18 together. So maybe tonight I will get the top sewn and then to see about the bottom, circle and the edge. The edging is where I am not sure if I will do binding or I brought the giant ric rac--will see what I think I might be able to do! Fun sewing the wedges--so far!

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
terrible about posting right now... still getting ready for the 1st craft show; crocheted ornaments are stiffened & need their bows roses & hangers; need to make 3-5 snowman toilet paper covers; working on baby booties & mitts, need to make lion baby booties (I cant find my rocking horse pattern) 1 more (at least ) doll set with fun fur trim & hoping to have enough time to make the chocolate cupcake ornaments too.... did I mention the show is on November 16th????

Happy Crafting!
Tina

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I want to know what ever possessed me to buy so much cotton yarn I am never going to get to the end of this. The stuff may just disappear into donate box is what might happen very soon.

One more funeral to attend in the morning which is going to be the hardest one yet.

XKenny's costume: make some sort of pocket protector, cut pants to make them shorter and fold and tack, put medical tape on glasses
/Randa's scarf
work on Randa's poppet
XXXXXXXXXXMake as many dishclothes as possible to use up these things of cotton yarn Have 5 1/2 done so far

Have to attend a benefit for one of my cousins today it was supposed to be to help pay medical bills for her fight against MS now it is to help pay for funeral she passed on Halloween

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have fallen off the crafting wagon at the moment, I have been trying to get all the crocheted rugs done before it gets too hot. I really need to get more serious though as I have so much stuff in my craft cupboard for all the projects I have in mind. If I am not going to find time I shall have to donate the goods to the charity shop.

I really want to make my mother a orange and clove wardrobe pomander, so I think I will do that next week, and I want to make DH and DB some chilli and garlic olive oil so will need to start that soon.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Final update for the week
XKenny's costume: make some sort of pocket protector, cut pants to make them shorter and fold and tack, put medical tape on glasses
XRanda's scarf
work on Randa's poppet
Total done 16 Make as many dishclothes as possible to use up these things of cotton yarn

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my Halloween wreath! I know it's too late for this year but it'll be ready for next year. Dollarstore boa is not worth the buy... feathers everywhere. posted a pic on my blog.