Crafters Challenge Sept. 15th-21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well September is officially half over!

This week I have just crocheted! Yesterday I did 2 and half scarfs. Going to my nephews party I worked on one and finished it there and I taken another skein and made it. Then last night after wedding reception I made one. Gives me 10 out of the 12 for the swap--unless I do the 2 hostesses one each. 4 made for gifts. Jaymee, mom and Michele likes them and would like to do a couple for the shower for door prizes.

My nephew in Texas will get his son on Sept. 27th and Sara would like some more bibs. She said she loved the ones I made for Carson.

And of course baby stuff for Jaymee I need to start.

And I have some items for Christmas to sew.

What are you planning this week?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
As you make the grand baby items be sure to get a photo of you working on it. Then later a photo of g-baby wearing it and you holding g-baby.

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
So far I have crocheted 3 pairs off fingerless mitts, 1pot holder/hot pad in shape of an apple with lattice crust.2 knit ruffle scarves and 2 more(knit)and am crocheting a cowl.Have other things to work on as soon as the cowl is done. should have said 2 more ruffle scarves to knit up.jy

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
worked on my Fall journal today. The only thing I want to add to it are a few drawings when I do them and recover the journal too.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Going to the yarn store this Wednesday - hoping to sign up for one of their fall classes, and make DH a holiday gift :)

I finished one of the scarves for myself, and working on the second now. I love scarves! The next one if finger knitting, something I have never tried before.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
JY and HouseElf WTG you 2!!!

Diedra, good ideal! The last 2 Sundays Jaymee has hung out here so, no working on stuff I want to surprise her with!!!

JY you are rockin it!

HouseElf I have always heard about the fingerless knitting but haven't tried it. Let us know how it goes.

Lucie will have to put pictures out of your journal.

I did another 1 1/2 scarfs yesterday. Have about 8 or 9 to go and will be with gifts and swaps. I think!!!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
If I can caught up with my Gratitude SMASH book I will be happy. :)
I am doing A-Z of what I am grateful for in my life.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lowlias what a lovely idea - it will be a book to be cherished. I saw the smashbooks at walmart last week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday I did 1 1/2 scarfs. Slow but sure. To bad the sewing doesn't go that fast. I guess at times it does when you can just get started!

Ironed some material this a.m. for the round quilt I will try for Jaymee. Dr Seuss material.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I worked on my Garden Scrapbook today. Tossed lots of photos that I had scrapped already. Just how many photos of the day lilies did I think I really needed? lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
luludou - Thanks for that link! Such CUTEness! :)

I finished the peas in a pod little toy last night, so that is tucked away now too. I knew that was going to be a quickie!

Now I must decide what to start next. Probably the little knight and dragon peg people to go with the castle. I was only able to find the smallest size of wooden peg dolls at Hobby Lobby so I'm going to look online...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did one square of my granny square scarf... had to redo it a few times to understand the pattern and then when I did I did not like the last row so I redid it to my liking. Next ones will be easy peasy!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I love finger knitting! It is very addictive. I learned to do it with both yarn and potholder loops from Pinterest. One of my UFOs is a finger knit "braided" rag rug made from upcycled tshirt yarn.