Crafters Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have you been thinking of what you would like to make in 2014?

For yourself? Birthday gifts? Just because gifts? Holiday presents?

Thread will start back up on the 5th.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This year I managed to give hats to three people, ruffle scarves to two people and fingerless gloves to DH, DS and DGF. All well received.

This year will aim for more hats and perhaps some different scarves or leg warmers if I find a good pattern.

Also have to make two ruffled scarves for me and a friend to wear for a cajun caravan we're going to....

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Still hesitating between 2 crafts for the ornaments I want to make this year but have the stuff to make them :)

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Not completely sure but I know the first thing is fleece scarves for Randa to take back to school for her and roommates by Jan 20th when she goes back. Oh and a couple little things that I didn't get finished for her. Then got to start on t-shirt quilt for David's 18th birthday in October. He knows he's getting it because I have asked him to go thru all his Syracuse shirts and tell me what ones he want's on it. He just brought me home a new one that is going on there after Saturday's game.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I was just pondering this very topic and thought to come check out the MHH boards! :)

I have one UFO ornament that is intended for DMIL that I will finish for next year.

I finished 1 felt ornament out of a set of 4 that will all go to different members in the same family ... had intended to gift them all this year but I just ran out of time. The ornaments are extremely detailed, but I will start work on the rest of them soon since I have all supplies, etc.

As to the rest of it, my plans are wide open at this point. I know one thing for sure, handmade toys for DS are high on my list.

Out of all the toys he got this Christmas, it was the ones I made that he seemed to like the best. Which made mama very happy!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Can't Wait

I am looking forward to the challenge.

Been looking at crochet patterns already!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Can't wait for the challenge. Have just tidied my craft cupboard and have made a list for what I need at the craft store on Friday.
Looking forward to a crafty 2014. :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I want to work on my crocheting- took lessons a few years back and never really went anywhere with it.

Also, maybe learn knitting.

Then make blankets for each family for Christmas.

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cool!

I want to work on my crocheting- took lessons a few years back and never really went anywhere with it.

Also, maybe learn knitting.

Then make blankets for each family for Christmas.

Annie
:snowman2:
Back about 1982, I got a book on How to Crochet and that's how I learned. I'm not fancy, but can do the basics. Then about 2004, a friend showed DD and me how to knit a face cloth. It was a craft to go with our American Doll study we were doing at the time. That was fun. I did a few that year for Christmas gifts. It's the only thing I know how to knit!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the craft store today and got the supplies for quite a few crafts. Thanks to Pinterest I have a few crafts on my list for this year.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I didn't give any homemade items this year - either crafts or foods. Very bad showing for me. In fact, I barely touched any crafting this year apart from a Quidditch robe for Harry Potter costume on world book day, and 1 night of mending on the sewing machine.

I have a lap blanket that I hadn't touched in over a year, that is half knitted (plain knitting so I just need time to do that). I will try to finish that for DH's Aunt for next Christmas.

I have a cross-stitch tree decoration (holly leaves pattern) that is about 1/3 completed so I would like to finish that too. I have a load of lovely patterns to use, so if I find some quiet time while watching tv at nights, that will be my plan, to make a set for someone or 1 each for my and DH's siblings.

I started knitting a sleeveless jumper for DD over a year ago and got up to the first rib - as she has grown, I will have to rip that back and start again in the bigger size. I think I have enough wool though.

I also bought the wool to knit myself a lace pattern scarf but got muddled over a year ago, so I need to revisit that idea as well.

I have loads and loads of fabric for quilting and other projects. I want to make cotton PJs for DD, and my 2 DNephews (both have skin issues so need cotton next to their skin). The boys ones can be for anytime, but DD's are with brushed cotton in a candycane pattern so Christmassy ones. I want to make a quilt each for 2 new babies (straightforward strip ones), and some burp cloths as well. I want to make a handbag for DSis1. I want to make a full set of cushion covers for DBIL and DSisIL (different sizes - I have the fabric AND the cushions!). I want to make shopping totes for all the girls in the family (my 3 DSis, DSIL (DBro's DW), DSIL (DH's DSis), DBIL's DW, and perhaps both DM and DMIL as well). A fleece blanket for DD. And I want to make the tote bag for DD that she picked out the fabric and ribbon for handles herself. And finally finish up the top I started making for myself in our old house (we moved in 2002!!) that I found the bag of pieces last year. That will use up about 1/4 of my stash.

I want to make a Christmas tree out of driftwood for DMum, for her holiday house (near the beach so she has a very seaside theme running through it). And a couple of jewellery boxes for display for 1 DSis to get organized (she wants to!!).

And I have lots of things for cardmaking, but as I still have a lot of charity cards left from this year, I may leave that go this year unless I really feel the urge at some stage.

I know that is a very long and ambitious list. I do not expect to finish it all. I am just hopeful of making a decent start on it and getting a couple of things finished, particularly the UFOs from previous years.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yea!

Went to the craft store today and got the supplies for quite a few crafts. Thanks to Pinterest I have a few crafts on my list for this year.
Yes! LOVE Pinterest! Who knew it could be so fun!
:snowman2:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When does the new weekly craft challenge start?? I am so excited about getting crafty this year. I have a huge list to get through.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Today ...

I think she said ... today! So, be watching out for it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yippppeeee, can't wait.