Crafting Sleepover

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
I'm getting ready for my cousins, niece, son etc. to do the crafting sleepover before Christmas. We started this 7 years ago as a way for me to 1: Spend time with my young cousins and have them spend time with my son 2: To have them MAKE something for the family members instead of just buying something using money their parents gave them. (I have a lot of cousins). Well, now half of them are in highschool--and ask when we are going to do OUR weekend :party:

So here's the plan:
I pick everyone up. We grab some pizza, put on a Christmas show (love all the Santa Clause movies). AFter eating the christmas music goes on while we craft.

Crafts:
Start with a Rice Crispy House that they'll all help decorate with melted chocolate and lots of candy!!
Decorating Plain White mugs using paint that gets baked on in the oven (then it's permenant even for the microwave and dishwasher!)
Wooden ornaments--covered with a picture of their family, then double sided tape and then tiny tiny glass marbles.
Necklaces for their sisters and friends (using round charms that have words on like: faith, hope, friendship, peace--on cords)
Duct tape wallets for the guys (guy friends and brothers)

Extras:
Picture magnets
Sculpy clay to make finger print beads for Moms and Grandma's, ornaments.. and carrots to make....
Snowmen Kits (for the little ones in families that aren't with us--this cousin can't handle 20+ kids alone)
Homemade candy for our family christmas gathering (extended family)--the kids LOVE this!

We wind down early. They are free to make friendship bracelets for their friends, use whatever materials that are out to create extra gifts for siblings etc. Oh--and make some cards to go with our wrapped gifts!
We watch another movie, eat supper and snack utnil it's time for bed!!! I LOVE the fact that even though they are growing up---they still want to hang out with their older married cousin!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
WOW, creativemom!

This is so awesome! :applause: I wish I were a cousin. (Actually, I am old enough to be the grandma! :rotflol: ) This sounds like a blast!! And bless your heart for hosting it. You rock!!

:bigsnow:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Creativemom:

Didn't you know I am the "adopted" cousin you never knew you had!! When's the party??
heehee..... :rotflol:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! sure they will love this and remember it later on too!