Craters Challenge June 21st-27th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So sorry the day is 3/4 ths over before I started this!!!

Yesterday I got the rest of the material for the scarfs for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap. Material was $43.?? but with the 40% off coupon (weekly at HL) it was on y 26.?? so that isn't even quite @2.00 a scarf. Got some material for pillowcases too for the great nieces/nephews.

My plan is to do them a pillow case and a hooded bathtowel and then gift card maybe.

What are your plans for the week?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am a week behind because of extra work last week. I still need to finish the felt initials and start the wine charms.
I have started collecting tins to make surprise packages for Christmas day for the kids and our stockings.

https://www.pinterest.com/sweetmaria75/surprise-in-a-can/

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana -Have you seen this tutorial for making pillow cases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYWCma9wgM
My mom made them last year as gifts and use this as method. What kind of scarfs are you making?

I got my craft stuff organized yesterday. It took me all day but I really got everything well organized.

I know where the things I need are and hopefully able to get to my project easier. First one is to make hoodie jackets into dinosaurs for for my dgds.

Next I will alternate between ufos and quiet book pages.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jody, that is the one I use but found it on a blog 2 or 3 years ago. I love making them.

I have a TON of quiet book pages pinned. Would love to do one for her Christmas or b'day.

TONS I wanna DO!!!! Of everything. Need more hours and a maid!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, imagine what we could achieve if we only had to sit and craft. and not worry about the pesky housework. Lordy

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I think "More hours and a maid" is my new mantra LOL

Finished two gingerbread house felt ornaments last night :)

Started embroidery on a flour sack towel (first out of set of four I'm making)

Hope to make good progress on those this week!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We’re safely home again. We had a wonderful visit with DD and family. Alaska certainly has the scenery! We hiked, kayaked, shopped the artist shops, flew a kite, played on the playgrounds, camped, ate and ate, took some boat trips (tour of the fjords and a trip to a privately owned island), met the locals!

I completed some CCS motifs on our trip. They were a nice, small, portable craft to pull out at quiet times.

I need to get going on several things:

• Cards for July and August anniversaries and an August BD
  • Hand quilting king size quilt and pillow shams
  • Knit socks
  • Advent mitten ornaments
  • Recipe potholders for DBroIL and DH

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, sounds like a GREAT visist! I was thinking of you. How long has DD been in Alaska? Glad you got some items done.

AuntJ, you are moving along quite well. Towels are always nice.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got the two hoodies done today. My next project is prepare some quiet book pages to take with me to ds house so Miss Addie(4) and I can "craft" together. I work for the next 2 days and am off on Saturday.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

JoDee
-Great to have a finish!

Lana-DD has been in Alaska for about 3 years. We've been up there 3 times and they come here fairly often but we still miss them.

Finished up 12 ornaments with CCS motifs yesterday. Today I did some brainstorming around some advent ornament ideas. One WIP for granddaughter to be born in November
Another idea for my"hope chest" for next grandchild, as I suspect my other DD would like to get pregnant.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Time better slow down a little if I am going to get some more crafts done. Still have a lot on my to do list.