Cutting the Clutter for Christmas!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It's been awhile since I"ve hauled anything off, still working on the painting, but I"m so proud of my daughter. She's just getting to the point, that she declutters now every month or two. We did it in the spring and she's just kept up. Funniest part was us having a little picture ceremony when she through away all her colored skinny jeans. She'd only let me buy her bright colored jeans the last few years and she's trying to be more "mature" now that she's in 10th grade. So they were worn anyways and needed to be replaced. We actually went out to the trash can and took a photo of her dumping them....It's going to make for a great scrapbook page !

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Minnieco - What a great gift you are giving your daughter - the gift of organizing and cleaning! Good for both of you!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
It's been a while since I've posted anything because I have been working so hard to try to declutter my house this summer. I tried to spend the time I normally spent on the computer decluttering. At times it was overwhelming but being able to read others post really helped me stay on task. Thank you to all who posted. I was able to free up empty space in my master closet and linen closet and can't believe I have an empty shelf! The hardest part of it all was sorting through items which had strong sentimental value. I put aside a few small boxes for them and stood tough that I would only keep that much. I had to sort through the boxes and make hard decisions, but I'm happy I did it. My DH helped whenever he could. We were joking around and decided at our age all we really needed was food, clothes and a bar of soap!! So the joke was whenever we came across something we didn't want to really get rid of, we would say to each other,,, can you eat it?? Do you need to wear it?? Is it a bar of soap?? Then we would laugh and toss it and it helped me to feel better about giving it up. I know it sounds silly, but it really helped. I still need to work on the downstairs family room and garage but that I should be able to handle now during the the HGP. This will really help me this year to truly have a simple and stress free Christmas...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughter decluttered once again. It's becoming a regular habit as she decides what she's to old for or not. Each good sweep, usually means she'l have a good laundry basket full of things to get rid of. With the small about of stuff I had and combined with hers. I took 3 garbage bags and 1 box. Best of all, that means I can get to my own desk now and should have a computer up soon. Not enough room in this chair for 2 people fighting over facbook and MHH

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I am working on decluttering our living room today. We have such a small house there is just no place for "stuff". I really dislike it out where it can be seen, and I've finally convinced hubby that it has to be taken care of....TODAY! LOL So that's my task for today...need to get back in there soon!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I am working on decluttering our living room today. We have such a small house there is just no place for "stuff". I really dislike it out where it can be seen, and I've finally convinced hubby that it has to be taken care of....TODAY! LOL So that's my task for today...need to get back in there soon!

I understand where you are coming from! I like to have everything tucked away and neatly organized as well. Good luck!