December declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Agreed Annie. I often have the yearning just to stay at home. It is my sanctuary, my safe place. I need to feather my nest every so often as it is a part of who I am. A homebody. It is important to me to get my home "just so" to make me feel complete.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I am SOOOOOO a homebody too!! best place in the world to be. January will be spent like Annie... staying home and working on my home :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I did one double cabinet in the kitchen and the top three shelves in the pantry. Hate Hate the pantry. The door is only 18 inches wide. Inside is wider. Do not know why they didn't make that door wider. Tossed all the old bottles and jars I had saved and some old plastic take out containers. One of the LCs took that half bag of items to Good Will for me today. I already have another bag started.

Glad to hear about everyone and their plans to declutter. I wonder if the closets of that BO house were organized or if everything was just shoved inside. lol

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I also love being at home. I would be happy if I never had to leave - in a perfect world.

I am looking forward to spending January all warm and cozy in my home, surrounded by candlelight, mugs of tea and stacks of books to read.

I am sending a bag of stuff to the thrift store tomorrow.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mel- That sounds so perfect! I will follow your lead!

Hot drinks, plenty of reading material- I'm set!

Bring on January!

Annie

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
SweetPumpkinPie ~ Ditto here too! I yearn for the holidays so I can just stay home! And I want to feather my nest and get all comfy. Right now though, after the holidays, my house is completely totaled with Christmas debris.

AhorseSoul ~ Great job on the pantry.

I am hoping tomorrow brings me the "oomph" to attack it all. Right now I'm so filled with holiday junk food and super sleepy.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Haven't posted on here in a couple of months but I have actually talked my mother into getting rid of enough stuff that would most likely fill a small house. Thursday my son and I took garbage for one week and it completely filled the van except for the two seats we were sitting in. That was just garbage. Today I am going to start tackling the basement. Oh hopeing to see the light of day in a week or so with everything down there. I have my mom getting rid of the stuff now we just need to get her to stop buying new

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
KimD- We're here to support you and root you on! Nice to see you back posting!

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My mom and stepdad have been married for a little over 10 years. She has finally decided to declutter the house. He lived in a 3 story house (which also had a basement) and she has a two story home (and basement). Imagine the clutter that was in my mom's house. It was horrible. I am so glad they finally decided to get rid of things. I'm going over there tomorrow after church to help her. She's trying to be clutter free by the new year. Although she won't be totally clutter free, what she does get rid of will be a big improvement.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DD went through her entire room and has a garbage bag of stuff to donate.

So proud!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Me Too!

I'm a home body too. I'm certainly in the right place!
:clothes:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Aggy I can relate. My mother has so much not just in the house but three garages a barn 4 sheds and a box truck she has stuffed full. Slowly getting her to get rid of what she has she likes the extra room. I got the garage almost full of garbage to take this week already. Old paint cans from 20 yrs ago will go in barn until spring when we can dispose of them properly. I am actually going to use my blog in decluttering my mother I posted before pictures of the basement. Will be taking after pictures as I go along.

So far have gotten rid of a ton of boxes, 30 gallons of old paint and 10 garbage bags full of stuff

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Whoooo Hoooooo

I came in here to the junk/computer/art/school room and started on one wall and went around the entire room! I rearranged but mostly ... de-cluttered!! I have a whole box for the Hospice thrift store! Yea!
:fireplace:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done on the decluttering ladies. It is actually a great achievement to get stuff out the door.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
6 more bags of garbage out the door today, and two bin's that will be put away for garage sale in the spring. I wanted to have shelves cleaned and organized today but that didn't happen tomorrow I have my niece so not sure if anything will get done with her here

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have two more bags of stuff to donate.

Yippee!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Don't have my niece now since we are getting a snow storm here and her parents are on their way home from up North. Waiting for my 15 year old to call and say they are on their way home from track meet two hours away. Heading back to the basement to see what I can get rid of today.