December Magical Moment #24 Christmas Eve Magic

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
December Magical Moment #24 Christmas Eve Magic

Today is for relaxing, a little last minute detail but not much else. Make sure you leave the tree on all day today so you can enjoy the twinkling lights. I'm playing Christmas music from dawn until midnight! Sometimes I enjoy Christmas Eve as much or maybe more than Christmas Day.
Find a bit of time today to have just a minute or two of conversation with each family member, private one on one time. Don't make it obvious!!! Just squeeze it in and make your little snippet positive and joyous. Make mention of a special reason you are proud of them, thank them for something they have done for you, tell a short remembrance of when they were younger or mention some positive trait or memory. Weave a little Christmas Eve Magic into the day but do it quietly and privately or it takes away the charm of it.
Now where are the magic elves? Santa will be picking them up tonight on his trip through. Make sure they write a final goodbye in your journal or leave a special report about their visit. Leave a treat for the reindeer, as well as, Santa.
Tonight when you crawl into bed, forget any worries or cares, create only visions of sugar plums in your head, and know that you have worked hard and created the best possible Christmas that you can for this year. Have a magical nights sleep for tomorrow is the BIG day. Oh yes....and Merry Christmas all my Holiday Magic friends!!! Merry Christmas and Good Night.

PS: This concludes the 24 Magical Moments of December but watch for 14 Magical February Moments coming February 2008.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have always found Christmas Eve to be more magical and exciting than Christmas Day. I think it is because of all the traditions that take place on Christmas Eve. This is the way it was for me as a child and it is now for my children.

:snowman: Melanie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Christmas Eve definitely holds the magic for me. I think it's the anticipation of Santa and feeling like a kid again. I can still feel the magic and even though I know there won't be any suprise presents from an actual Santa Claus, I can feel Santa in spirit and know that he's real and doing his part to bring joy to everyone. Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing.

Tonight we will head to a family dinner that happens every year at my aunt and uncle's. This dinner has happened ever since I was little. I haven't been able to attend for several years due to living out of state and the Army. It will be so nice to see everyone again! I'm excited. My kids will be joining in the tradition this year so that makes it all the more great.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Love, love, love Christmas Eve. I have a couple more gifts to wrap, but just because I want the kids to open them tonight and not have Santa leave them. I finally found The Santa Clause 3 (serious shortage of that around here...found it at DSIL's town about 150 miles from here, and I got the last one there!) so I'll give it to them whenever they get a little out of control. Should settle them right down! We now have all three and I anticipate a marathon!

I'm about to get off the computer and get my bread pudding started-I'm using eggnog and leftover donuts...so yummy in bread pudding!

I'll set the table for tonight, then I'm DONE until time to make the spaghetti and bake the garlic bread for dinner. Our guests will be here about 6 pm. We'll eat, exchange gifts and watch the movie, then have dessert and read "Twas the Night before Christmas". Then we'll put out the magic reindeer dust, cookies for Santa and head to bed!

Ginger, this has been wonderful! I can't wait to see what you've got up your multi-talented, creative sleeve for us in 2008! Thanks so much, my sweet friend!

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I feel like a little kid again....I think this is the most excited that I have been since I was little. I can't wait to see my faces of my 2 boys when they wake christmas morning. We have a family dinner tonight and I just have to pop the corn casserole in and everything is ready to go. When DH gets home from work (around 330p) we will do our christmas eve exchange...which is new pj's for the whole family to wear tonight. I am sure that my boys...hopefully...will fall asleep on the way home, so I will get them dressed before we leave and I am also going to pack the Night before Christmas to read. I love the ride home on christmas eve. Having Christmas music playing in the car, looking at the houses decorated for christmas. each house looks so magical on christmas eve. Its funny how things seem so different on christmas eve. for instance- your christmas tree. You have it on in the evenings, when its dark, but on christmas eve our tree looks so beautiful even though there is nothing new on or around it. And there is something about sleeping children and how peaceful they look, but on Christmas eve when you do your final checks and peep in on the children there is that little extra that gives your warm fuzzies all over!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
As usual our Christmas eve was filled with excitement, teaseing from uncles, and always an interuption. Interuption was a 911 call that one brother had to go pick up a DWI car, and another brother had to go down to the shop to meet someone that had to have their car at 8:00 at night from a DWI pick up the night before. Just as we had 10 little kids and 11 big kids settled to open presents. And their were two giant joint gifts for 4 of the boys they couldn't wait to open. They were good about waiting until uncles got back. Only took them both a few minutes. They wanted to open gifts also.

One of my brothers was proudly showing us his first baby pictures(sonogram) he is so excited, and is going to make a wonderful dad. But it makes me sad that my favorite brother is going to have a baby. It will make me happier if its another niece I can spoil rotten.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh, add me to the list of folks who love Christmas Eve as much as Christmas Day! Sort of the 'calm before the storm' of activity. Now that my two DS's are in their teen years, Christmas week was more moody than before. Seemed one or the other of them were sullen or pouty at all times, and we had to limit their togetherness or they'd really bounce off each other. They're great kids who love each other, so I wasn't really expecting this from them. But, I do remember bickering with my sisters more as Christmas drew nearer-- maybe they're just carrying on a family tradition ;)
Christmas Day brings its own joys; the presents, the noise, the laughter and mess. Christmas Eve is a time to take a breath, step back, and remember why I'm celebrating.
Thanks, Gingerbug, for the reminder to show value to and interact with each family member and guest. I'm going to make a permanent note of that in a prominent place in my notebook.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
It may be hot and summery, but finding this thread was fun. :)

I agree with the others - -Christmas Eve is just as magical as the day itself. Mostly the anticipation, but partly because it's the one day people seem to get head over heels caught up in the Christmas spirit. And there's lots to do, but it's usually mostly FUN. Plus the kids are so excited, they usually get along. LOL

We do Christmas Eve at our house with my parents, sister, cousin and a set of friends from Britain who we've adopted. :) I plan all year for that day - and me, who normally hates cooking, does it with love and great detail. It's fun to track Santa with the kids while we finish up the food and there's always Christmas movies and music in the air.

Christmas Eve makes me so grateful for the abundance we have in this country and the freedom to go to church and remember the reason for the season. I look at the photos of my sponsored kids on the fridge from the third world and feel very blessed to be in the world of the "haves".