Decluttering Photos -- Has anyone moved to the cloud?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I don't know where to post this but I'm searching through my photos in my computers for possible Christmas card shots and I have decided that this system is a MESS. I have photos on 2 different computers, plus the ones in photo stream on my iOS devices -- all backed up on Carbonite. They are organized by year, yes, but still they are so spread out. I need to bring them all together.

I'm thinking about moving EVERYTHING to one location on the cloud. I don't use iCloud as I have thousands of photos that go back years, and I'm thinking it would be just too expensive. But that might be the safest place for them and I might be happiest there as we have so many Apple devices.

I want them safe and easy to access. Has anyone else gone to the cloud? I know many folks use Dropbox but I worry about security.

And this does not even include all the other photos that are hardcopies! Boxes and boxes!

My friends, I need a solution to all this photo clutter!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
:) None of us has gone to the cloud with our photos? A fine lot of technology adventurers WE are! Was hoping there was a closet techy on here that could give me a real-person answer. All the tech sites have a billion different opinions and they are much braver than I am. I might have to pony up and subscribe to Kim Kommando.