dressing up clothes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

does anyone have any dressing up clothes for their elves? if so where did you get them from or did you make them?

i have an aurora elf, a rag doll that same size as aurora and bertie is 8" high (but wider than others).

i really want to give them some dressing up clothes so they can be like the boys - always in some sort of fancy dress outfit! i have made a pirate top and eye patch but thats it.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I have a bow tie that I took off a dollar store stuffed animal (the same one I took the elfs hat off of) I'm going to use it with some mini martini glasses I found and some elf nogg labels I found. I also found some fake mustaches out of a gumball machine. One is very waiter-ish. I also have some bunny and monkey slippers for them (baby booties). I have more clothing that the elves put on the stuffed animals they hang out with. I have a santa suit, a referee shirt and a T-shirt. These are small pet clothing. Even though the arm holes are a little more foreward, I found they still fit well. The pet clothing, I also got from the dollar store and Target dollar spot. Dollar tree sells clothing for stuffed animals. I know you live in the UK but maybe you have a similar kind of store, or one of those build a bear stores. Our craft stores also sell some clothing items for stuffed animals/dolls. You could also look in the toy section and see if they have anything that fits.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thanks. hadnt thought of animal clothes. our £1 shop doesnt do them though, nor had they got anything useful from hallooween left!

however, 1 of the 2nd hand shops said they will keep any dolls/bears with clothes on and clothes on own for me to look at, as long as i go in once a week.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I use the clothes they have as patterns to make more. I made Halloween ccostumes this year and I've made a couple of things this year for other occasions.

thanks. berties clothes are fixed to him as he was a "7-dwarf from snow white". the other 2 clothes do come off so that could be an option.

however, i have found some lovley "dog clothes" on ebay - thanks for suggestion.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
thanks. berties clothes are fixed to him as he was a "7-dwarf from snow white". the other 2 clothes do come off so that could be an option.

however, i have found some lovley "dog clothes" on ebay - thanks for suggestion.

Amy, just make sure you know what size you may be bidding on. Pet clothing comes in various sizes too. Some clothing items, depending on how they are supposed to go on the pet may not work because of hoods etc. I would try one first and see if it works for your elf. I do have a picture of my son's mickey mouse with a pet santa suit in my picture album if you want to see what it looks like. I think you click on my name (after signing on) to find my album.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
all the ones i'm watching are small/chiwawwa (sp) size, and if the dont fit bertie, they will fit jingle-jangle or merry OR at worst 1 of the 20+ toys/bears the kids own.

and if they dont work, my mate has a toy yorkie that has a different outfit every day of the week - jumpers/coats/hats/spakles etc.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Vests are really easy to make, all you need is a piece of felt and some scissors, you can probably make apatern off of a piece of paper, Lay your elf on the paper and trace around his upper body, you dont really need his arms but mark that opening, then put his arms at his side and wrap the paper over the front and mark where you want your vest to come together, and about where the arm holes need to be, then cut it out and test it on your elf, then cut it out onto the felt :) You could also look for fun Christmas baby tights and make them into leggings.

I'm going to make my gir elves tutu's this year :) you just need some ribbon and tuelle, make a ribbon long enough to go around your elf's waist with plenty to spare for making a bow, (I put safety pins where it will come together in the back) next take strips of tuelle (about an inch wide and 4-8 inches long, depending on how big your elf is) fold your strips in half and tie them around the ribbon, you can also add more ribbon to make it even more fancy, this is on my to do list for next week, I will post pictures once I get one done, I am using red, green and white tuelle and 2 different Christmas ribbons.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I'm going to make my gir elves tutu's this year :) .

our £1 shop has "frilly/lacy hair scrunchies/bobbles, that fit round dolls waists. saves making them.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i manaed to buy a fireman outfit, bathrobe and pjs, a posh dress and bag for girl, and a fairy dress. and on the night they are dressing up they will be leaving all 3 boys an army outfit - including the baby - got him an all in 1 cam print babygrow!!!