Easter celebration

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Do you make something special on easter with your kids? I am currently busy with planning our easter sunday and I only have an egg hunt and going to church in my mind.
But both don't last a whole day. It will be finished in the late morning and what's next? Is it just a "normal day" (which is sad in my opinion)?
Ok, DD is still too little for doing something special but nevertheless I think about the future.

Do you have any ideas about a special easter sunday celebration?

Chilli

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Chilli,
I don't really put candy in their baskets (just a chocolate Easter bunny), so I fill them with things like bubbles, sidewalk chalk, new coloring book & crayons, play doh, a small puzzle or legos...we spend the rest of the day playing with those things or making easy foam crafts. Sometimes I include a DVD and new books...which MUST be enjoyed that day according to my 5 year old! Basically we celebrate by making the day all about the kids...whatever they want to do. HTH!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
The kids will have an easter egg hunt in the morning and will have to find their baskets which will have dvds, fun trinket stuff and little candy. In the afternoon we will go visit my dad for a little, the kids will get another basket from him and his wife. Then it will be back home for a nice ham dinner, dvd watching and maybe a board game or 2.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have always tried to make it a week-end long type celebration. My kids are older now, but when they were small...On Good Friday, I always reminded my kids about the significance of that day since Christ was actually crucified that day. We read the Easter story and have some reverence time about it, talking about what it would mean if Christ had not been willing to die for us.

Saturday was Easter egg hunt and/or doing something fun like the zoo.

Sunday was sunrise services, Easter baskets, lunch with our extended family with more egg hunting in the afternoon. By late afternoon, we were pretty worn out. The rest of the time was usually resting. Since "The Passion on the Christ" came out, we watch that on Sunday night sometimes.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We'll color eggs on Saturday together. On Sunday, the kids will search for their baskets. Then we'll get ready and head to mass. After mass, we have an egg hunt in our yard. Then we eat dinner about 1. Our guests stay for a bit, then we head up to the inlaws for a visit.