Elf stuff 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Anybody have elves at their house yet? Ours came on Thanksgiving, but they don't do any mischief until tomorrow. they bring the advent calendars tonight. Any new ideas you've heard of? Any special plans?

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Ours will arrive tomorrow and bring a new hallmark ornament for each child. Ours will return to the North Pole on the night of Dec 23 so when the kids wake up Christmas eve morning they will find a present left for them from their elf - New PJS.

Reactions: JeniferDwn

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have an Elf but it's for DS to use with his son. I need to drop it off tonight or maybe tomorrow.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ours arrived this morning with advent calendars and a Hershey Kiss for each kid in our wooden calendar with doors. They get a Kiss each day.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Ours brought the advent calendars this morning. Mischief starts tonight. I'm having a hard time with how to do things because my 9 yr old takes forever to go to sleep and he gets up several times before he falls asleep.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't have a kid in my house anymore and my brother and I still did it just for fun with each other. My daughter came home from college and was like..I can't believe you to grown adults are playing with an elf! But it make us laugh. I'll post some photos when I come back online again.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ours brought the advent calendars this morning. Mischief starts tonight. I'm having a hard time with how to do things because my 9 yr old takes forever to go to sleep and he gets up several times before he falls asleep.

This year DH or I would do it when we got up in the morning instead of the night before. DH gets up very early to go into work for PT and i'm usually not too far behind him, so if he didn't do it then I would. I did do our Kisses in the wooden calendar the night before just in case the elves didn't do anything that night so at least those were done. Just an idea for you in the future if you are an early riser.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I also arrange for our Elf happenings in the morning- rather than the night before. I missed a couple of times but I had a note that said, "Do Not Disturb- Elf sleeping late today". Because of constantly getting up early for swim- Luke can appreciate that an elf or anyone enjoys a sleep! This allowed me extra time to get it together during the day when Luke was either at school or swim. If I was really pushed I could get it together when he was in the shower. I did have a master list with all activities planned. I did not date it and just ticked them off as each was done.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I had a nice list and stuff ready... but it was a bust.... finally only thing that happened was bringing a Christmas dvd, cd and gift. will have to work on that a little more next year

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
I have no idea how to post a pic. Sorry.

I didn't do well this season either! I didn't do but a few things and really I don't think my kids care anymore. I do it more for me I think. :(

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
PamelaG, at the bottom right Under where you type it says 'post reply' 'upload a file' and more options. It's the upload a file one.