Elfcapades of 2009 and 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
we received our first elf (an Elf-Magic elf) last year on Dec. 6. My mom ordered her for DD7. Her name is Hannah and these are her adventures with our family.
Dec 3 2009 -- Hannah arrived. She went with us to pick out our Christmas tree and that night she stacked up a whole bunch of Solo cups in the kitchen. She fell into one of them and got stuck.
Dec 4 -- Hannah went to school with dd and also rode the bus to the YMCA. Whe wrote DD a note on her whiteboard in her room.
Dec 5 - Hannah got the kids Christmas trees out of the attic and decorated them and placed one in each room. While putting the tree up in DS2 room, she got tangled up in the lights and was hanging by her feet. She had all the other stuffed animals helping her.
Dec 6 -- Hannah went to visit my grandparents in another town with us. She dyed the water in the toilets red or green and printed lables for DD
Dec 7 -- Went with the kids to see Santa at the mall. that night, Hannah, 2 barbies and the reindog got in the convertible (Barbies's) and they set up a "drive in" and watched movies, ate popcorn and drank Dt Pepsi. they made a mess with the DVDs and popcorn
Dec 8 -- Hannah was nice and cleaned out the fish bowl for DD, but then she made a fishing pole out of a pencil, string and paper clip and tried to catch the Betta fish. She left a letter and a pencil for Dd.
Dec 9 --Hannah found another elf that looked like he could be her dad up in the attic and they stacked up the couch cushions from the den, in my Durango and they went to McDonalds. They left the radio turned up loud, their change and their trash in my truck!
Dec 10 -- Hannah and the reindog (a stuffed dog dressed like a reindeer) had a snowball fight on the kitchen table using mini marshmallows and solo cups as a fort.
Dec 11 -- hannah went to work with me today and went all over the building taking pictures while we were having our Christmas breakfast. During the night she got to missing home and hid in our freezer under the ice packs
Dec 12 -- She dumped out our 12 days of Christmas gifts and hid in the middle of them.
Dec 13 -- Hannah climbed a ladder up to the Christmas tree and took off all ornaments with my dd name on them and lined them up in front of the TV.
Dec 14 -- Hannah hung our stockings up for us and took a picture of herself and made a snowglobe for us to keep.
Dec 15 -- Hannah and the reindog made a slide out of my ironing board and landed in a big blanket on the floor
Dec 16 -- Hannah wrapped all DD's school books in Christmas paper and she found them in her backpack when she got to school. She left a mess in the den where she wrapped the books.
Dec 17 -- Stacked up all the presents under the tree in a tall stack and was sitting on top of them.
Dec 18 -- Left pencils for dd and since dd was sleeping with me that night to watch a movie as a treat, Hannah climbed in bed with us to snuggle
Dec 19 -- DD was sick and Hannah stayed with her all night.
Dec 20 -- Hannah rested tonight because she was tired from sitting with DD the whole night before
Dec 21 -- Hannah knocked over the Christmas tree in DD's room and knocked the ornaments off.
Dec 22 -- Hannah and the reindog made snowangels in fake snow on the kitchen counter
Dec 23 -- Unwrapped one of DS's big presents and crawled in the bag and fell asleep
Dec 24 -- Rolled DD's room in toilet tissue.
Dec 25 Hannah was supposed to return to the North Pole with Santa, but DD was so upset that she wouldn't even look at her presents. Luckily, we found Hannah sitting over the side in a chair and she had broght her little sister Lexi to stay with DD for the year. Hannah was allowed to stay until New Year's Eve.
Throughout the year, Hannah and Mackenzie send emails back and forth. I set up an account for each of them on aol and have all other email addresses blocked since DD is only 8. The elves have visited several times throughout the year,
February -- the elves were stowed away in DHs truck and we found them on the way to Disney World. They are in the family photos there.
March -- Came for St Patrick's day. they brought a box of Lucky Charms cereal and were hiding in the box after they spilled the cereal on the counter. They had new clothes made out of green felt.
April -- came and visited the Easter bunny at the mall with us and were hiding in the Easter baskets. Came for a slumber party at a freinds house. The little girl desperatlay wants an elf this Christmas, but her mom doesn't appear interested. I enjoy it with my kids, i wish her mom would do the same for her.
April -- went with us to spend the weekend with my brother and his family. Elves were hiding in suitcases.
May -- Hannah came for Mother's Day and brought an elf for me. Her name is Abby.
June -- Elves came to take care of DD when she was sick. They also came for Fathers' Day
July -- Lexi spent the night with DD at my mom's house and they pierced Lexi's ear. We went to Santa's Land in Cherokee NC and the elves were sitting there with Santa when my kids got there to have there pictures taken. Santa said they had been doing some work for him. Hannah and Abby had their ears pierced berfore they went back to the North Pole.
Hopefully for August, they'll visit for DS's birthday on Aug 12. They may arrive for the first day of school on Aug 16 and I hope they'll visit for my bday on Aug 26. This year I am planning on getting a reindeer from the Elf-Magic website and mom has an elf waiting for DS. We'll have lots of fun with that many elves this year! i have a notebook I keep with lots of ideas. I want to make costumes for Halloween and holiday clothes for other occasions.
Can't wait for Holiday 2010!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow!!!
Lots of ideas here!
Love the drive-in, getting tangled in Christmas lights, fishin, oh just Everything!!! Your DD is having an amazing time!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
lots of great ideas she was a very busy elf. from Aug 25-Sept 25 we will be spending a lot of time on the boars talking about elves and ideas.

This will be our first Christmas the elves will be around our dog (who wants to eat every thing stuffed) so they are going to have to be extra careful and stay off the ground as much as possible I guess this year.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
JeniferDwn- I love reading about all of Hannah's adventures. That girl (elf) has got it going on!

Annie

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
to be very honest, for the past few years, I absolutely hated Christmas. It's too much trying to spend equal time with my mom, my dad, his dad etc. Everybody wants to schedule meals at the same time. Did I spend as much as "they" did on the gift. ETC!!! I simply didn't like the stress. Then the elf came last year and I had fun again. I'll be 38 this month and I probably have as much fun as my kids do!!! I have a really wild imagination and if dh was a little more fun, we'd do some really awesome elfcapades! I hope you all enjoy my writings throughout the end of the year and please, feel free to use any ideas you want! I get alot of them from Elf Magic's website as well as the Christmas forums I'm a member of. No need to ask, just use the ideas, and I would like to hear if any of them are really big hits with your kids!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
These are great! This will be our first year with the elves, so I'm looking forward to all of the discussions and ideas!

Java Joy

Retire Member
Feb 4, 2008
I agree that having elves come at Christmas has made the holidays a lot more fun - it gives me an excuse to act like a kid!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Aug 12 -- DS's 3rd birthday. His last present was in a bag and no one knew where the bag came from. Everybody said they didn't bring it. Well, he looked in the bag and pulled out the little toy ( a matchbox car set) and he froze. Then he yelled "Hannah, Abby!" My dd grabbed the bag and found her elves hiding. They had also hidden a bag in her room with a new outfit for school. She was staying with my grandma and we hadn't had a chance to go shopping, I alway s like for her to have a new outfit on the first day of school. (I don't buy school clothes until the cool weather starts because in 3 months they will outgrow everything I buy.) Then DD was invited to a slumber party on Saturday night to celebrate "back to school". Both of the other little gilrs loved the elves and begged DD to give them one. NO WAY she said. Anyway, the little girls wanted the elves to do mischief, but of course Santa doesn't allow mischief except at Christmas. Then Sunday a couple of hours after dd got home, the little girl who had the party called and was so excited....the elf had left a message saying they couldn't do magic because the girls were up too late the night before. I'm still puzzled by that. I was not involved at all!!! The elves will probably have to leave tonight since they have only limited visit times. Hope they'll be back for my birthday!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
JeniferDwn - That sounds like so much fun! What a great way to bring magic to your celebrations throughout the year. It sounds like you made a few new "elf converts" too! ;) I bet that mom is frantically searching the internet for an elf!!!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
The elves left last night, but they left a pen and notebook in the hall where they had played tic-tac-toe and left a note for dd and wrote Hannah loves Jingle Claus and Abby loves Nicholas Elf in big hearts! Naughty little elves!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This is my first year for doing elves too and the boys are older but still lots of fun ideas!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
8/26/2010 -- the elves were hiding in my backpack that I take to work with me. They brought me a magnet and a Halloween magazine. Wonder how they knew I wanted it?!?! DD insisted that they go to work with me and I know my coworkers think I'm crazy cause they saw the elves in my bag!! LOL

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
My blog is now current with all pictures posted. It has pictures through the end of August. Hope you all enjoy! The elves said they're very busy for the next couple of months getting ready for Christmas, so they may not be able to visit. I do hope they can at least come to celebrate Halloween. Wonder what they'll dress up as?!?! I can't wait until the Christmas 2010 Elfcapades begin!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
JenniferDwn... your elves sure get around alot!! That is so precious! and so are your kids :) Love it all.