Exploring a historic city

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My husband and I decided to visit Quebec city on our way to Ontario. Friends of ours convinced us to go to the historic part of Quebec city and it was beautiful. There is something about walking through an area that was built 400 years ago that is....I don't even know the word to describe it. What struck me was that it wasn't like a heritage site you had to pay to see that was only kept for that purpose. There were modern days stores and ice cream shops and it was full of people. The people there pay so much more attention to their clothing. I couldn't believe the number of stiletto heels I saw on women going to see a free outdoor film!

Luludou, I am so glad you suggested looking around Quebec! We rode a glass elevator kind of thing on a slant. I can't remember what it was called, but it let you get a great view. What a beautiful city!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Glad you liked it FrostyShimmer! and it's the 400th anniversary of Quebec City so there are activities and concerts all week long!.... which for me is kind of a problem because of the traffic and parking to get to work, but it's ok I guess, I'll be taking a vacation soon anyways (and I'm sure we will be coming to town to walk around a little too).

On the 20th of July there's a free concert of Paul McCartney. They are expecting 250,000 people.... phew! and then Céline Dion in August (free concert too).