Family Dinner Day for April

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I tried to come up with ideas to make the table nice....springy.....
(I'm not real good at this. Thanksgiving and Christmas are usually the only times I worry about how the table looks, and they are easy to do!!!)
Our dinner is Salad Sunday. We haven't done that in a while.
We'll have:
Chef Salad
Macaroni Salad
Potatoe Salad
Taco Salad
Fruit Salad
Deviled Eggs
Lemon Pie
Chocolate Pie
(Maybe a Blackberry Pie)
Soda/Tea/Coffee

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
What a FUN idea....Salad Sunday...neat!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, that sounds great! I love salads! I am envious that you are getting to entertain this month...our schedules have gotten so insane with baseball and this wedding I'm working on, plus school, church activities and work...no time this month or in May for even hosting breakfast. So, we're putting it on hold until (hopefully) June. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

I love a springy table-how about a pale yellow or other pastel color tablecloth with matching gingham runner-just a length of gingham placed in the center of the table for added punch and color-our Wal-Mart carries gingham for $1.00 per yard. I love the sweet, springy country look of gingham. A pretty centerpiece might be a teapot (even better if it's an antique or even a flea market find) filled with daisies. Simple, sweet and spring-like. It would lend itself well with the salad theme. If you choose not to use teapots, little terra cotta pots with fresh herbs would be nice as well. You could pick those up for less than a dollar each, and then you could either send the herbs home as favors or plant them in your flowerbed, garden or even big pots on the patio, porch or balcony!

Can't wait to hear what you do!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Cathymac said:
Be sure to let us know how it goes!

I love a springy table-how about a pale yellow or other pastel color tablecloth with matching gingham runner-just a length of gingham placed in the center of the table for added punch and color-our Wal-Mart carries gingham for $1.00 per yard. I love the sweet, springy country look of gingham. A pretty centerpiece might be a teapot (even better if it's an antique or even a flea market find) filled with daisies. Simple, sweet and spring-like.
Can't wait to hear what you do!

I did buy little teapots for the table along with some daisy arrangements!!!! LOL
I can't sew...so making my own runner is out of the question. I wish I could sew and my Nana tried to teach me....but back in the day, I wasn't interested. Who knew that I would be all these years later. :slap:
We had a surprise from step-sons and families. They showed up that morning. We went out to breakfast.
We also had a scare, as dil is 3 months pregnant and she had an issue and ended up in the ER. (They live 4 hours away from us, so it was wonderful they came, yet I'm sorrowful that something bad could have happened.) She and the baby are fine, and she isn't on bedrest, but she can't do any lifting or anything strenuous of any kind.
Other than that, the day was great, the weather was great, the company was great.......

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Glad the dil is okay. Teapots and daisies sound pretty. I know what you mean about wishing you had interest in things years ago and now that we do ..................

I hear you on wishing we were interested in things years ago but....if you think about it you probably did not have the money back then and if you were like me you were raising kids and making sure they had nice clothes, taking them to their activities etc. Now that we are older we have more money and TIME ....well sometimes we have more time!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Sounds pretty! I guess great minds think alike. I'm glad your DIL is ok...scarey!

BTW-I don't sew, either, although I wish I could. I just fold the fabric to hide the raw edges, pinking shear the ends and lay it on the table! If anyone has caught on, they haven't mentioned it!! LOL!