Fay updates in Florida

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
this is the link for my local news alerts for the storm
http://www.wcjb.com/index.php?cat_id=4223&daprint=true

So far nothing has really hit my area but Fay has decided to hang out in Florida ALOT longer than we had previously expected. The turn of it's path was originally projected to be more North of me and due to the storms slowing down and lingering my County is in the "cone" path of the storm. Flood watches are in effect through FRIDAY AFTERNOON and I have heard the schools are considering closing for the next 2 days also. In that case I hope there will be no more storms heading our way because in the first week of school we will already have to use up 2-4 make up days....ugghh!!!

I'll try to keep you guys updated but in case of power losses you guys have that link to my local news and I live in Marion County (Ocala) FL !!! :rain: :rain:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Prayers to everyone who is in the path of this storm.

give_me_a_latte

Retire Member
Jul 21, 2008
SE GA
christmascreations said:
I live in Marion County (Ocala) FL !!! :rain: :rain:

I used to live in Citrus County!! I did a semester at CFCC before I moved out of state.

Not much rain here in Southeast GA. We're supposed to get it tomorrow and into Friday though.

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
I live in southwest Georgia and we are already getting clouds and wind that have that "tropical" look. We certainly wouldn't mind the rain here. :rain:

They cancelled school for tomorrow also and we still haven't seen anything from the storm yet. So 2 wasted days off and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

On top of all that our water heater went tonight, no hot water...what luck...ugghhh

Well the kids had their first day of school on Monday and that was it for the whole week. Fay hit us in the late afternoon today (8/21) and is lingering by only moving about 2 m.p.h. They project we will have the rains and winds for at least 24 hours and then Fay's backdraft of rains through the weekend still. I'll keep you all updated!!