February 2008 Rudy day ....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Happy Rudy Day Everyone!

I missed last Rudy day so spent this morning getting the last of the christmas stuff put away in the attic. Now I'll spend the rest of the day working on my notebook (updating card list and such) and working on the first of 3 afghans I'm making for 3 of the 4 nieces.

Dreamer
aka Michelle

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
Happy Rudy day everyone. Well this is my first one, so I hope I have this right. I had to move my decorations into the basement so I could clean up my porch for Easter. I went to the store & found a few things for Christmas. Then I put up my easter decorations & will decorate my Easter tree.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Can you believe that I totally forgot about Rudy Day until I looked something up on my calendar today? Darn! I had a bunch of other things planned for today which can't be put off.

I guess now I'll make tomorrow my Rudy Day. Here's hoping it will be productive!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
For Rudy Day this month I -

* looked thru 2 great books I got from the library on gift baskets for inspiration. They were: Jazzy Gift Baskets by Marie Browning and Bountiful Baskets by Sara Toliver I got some great ideas and learned some tips for making better gift baskets. I will make a post on the Gifts and Giving section about the 2 books specifically and some ideas they I am looking at doing.
*organized some recipes
*reorganized my gift closet list and typed it up on the computer by category of gift type i.e. food gifts, male gifts, kid gifts, feminine gifts, teenager gifts, anyone gifts etc...

Happy Day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is really fun to read everyone's posts!!!!

I dragged all the miscellaneous bags of gifts and wrapping stuff and (some) decorations out of the hiding place that serves as my gift closet. I have put them in clumps all around the room. Now I have shut the door on that room.

I think I am finished with this for the day. Tomorrow I will try to finish sorting them. And then start listing things in my Christmas notebook.

There is a lot of current life stuff that we all have to deal with. And - I will deal tonight.

Plus - I want to spend some time drinking hot chocolate and reading the posts, and maybe reading a Christmas book. There is a lot to savor and to enjoy. And there is no rush.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I worked on my Christmas Notebook and looked online for some gift ideas. We had company last night - which was when I was planning on watching Christmas movies while looking through my first three Gooseberry Christmas books. Guess I'll do that today :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yesterday, I opened the door to my office/guest room/holiday room -- and went in.

I moved all the clumps of Christmas bags of gifts and stuff to one side of the room. I put like things together. Then I listed them -- by clumps -- on a piece of paper. I DO still know where my Christmas notebook is -- I just didn't use it yesterday.

Then - I heard the elephants stampeding outside in the rest of the house. They were lead by the huge elephant of daily routines (which I was neglecting.) There was a really loud and unpleasant elephant of overdue bills. I think I even heard one elephant with the combined voices of McCain and Clinton and Obama --yelling at me to be an informed citizen and voter - and pay attention to them.

So I went out of the room and shut the door.

I LOVE DOORS. bunnylove

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love the elephant tale!