Financial crisis

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
I'm sitting here listening to the news and the interviews regarding the FINANCIAL CRISIS this morning and the interviewer made a statement regarding how people will be worried of how to do Christmas this year with the banks in such turmoil and I thought to myself: "Gee...this is going to be a problem for alot of people but not for us!"

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Amen to that, wadeallie! One of my friends couldn't believe that I have all the shopping done, the cards addressed and all of the sewing stuff bought and ready to go. If I had the room, I would wrap it all now as well. I am so thankful to be poor and having to shop all year long. :rotflol: Life will get better for all of us. Let's keep praying and thinking positive thoughts. And be grateful for MHH!!

:bigsnow:

zchristy

Santa's Elves
I refuse to feel superior to anyone, because "By the grace of God, go I'. Lessons are best-learned the hard way and while I'm grateful we're in a good place comparatively, I am trying to make extra room in my heart and budget for people around us who need extra compassion. That's what Christmas is all about...even if it's still 80 days away. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hopefully, people in this country - and the world - will react with love and generosity during this worldwide financial crisis. Remember to put on your own oxygen mask! And then try to help the people around you. Personally, I do not have a lot of wisdom. So I need to do some praying for guidance.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
It is a difficult situation, but it should not have taken anyone by surprise, it has been a long time in the making. :frown:

The cost of living is what is going to hurt the most for the general population... with rising fuel and heating costs - the grocery bills! :thud:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
The special offers in the grocery stores over here are HUGE!! at the moment. So many people were travelling across the border into Northern Ireland to do their food shopping that the stores had to do something to win them back.

The price of meat and vegetables in particular have shocked me at how far and how fast they've risen this year. I am making sure that we are devoting lots of time to our vegetable garden when we can, not only for what we can harvest now, but putting lots of compost in to make great growing ground for next year, as I think we will really need it then.

And I have noticed that the "Christmas Freaks and Dossers" thread on a parenting forum I am a member of, which runs every year, got very busy very early this year with everyone planning ahead and buying in sales and letting others know the good sales a lot more than usual. But the stores are much quieter than normal in general here at the moment - and there are far fewer bags on the arms of the shoppers wandering around (including myself!).

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
It is a difficult situation for all of us. I really hope that the consequences for the economy will not be too hard for us and that it will go up again soon.

Furthermore my hubby works for a large, european bank so we pray that he will keep his job.
:thud:

Chilli

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
It is difficult to do, but if you plan properly and save properly than you can always do it. It isn't the number of gifts you buy or the price, it's something from the heart, like spending time together, because time is more precious than some toy or item that will be broken and end up in the garbage, or will be outgrown or never used. The most important thing for Christmas and holidays is to spend time together with loved ones, and that is what we are trying to teach our daughter. She will have a hoho, and she will get presents, but we are also going to help out others, because we need to be grateful for what we do have!

Sorry I ranted so much, but that is how I feel, and we live in a great world, we can express our opinions!

Tiffani :hat:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
BamaMama - that was not a rant. I thought it was an especially good explanation of exactly the way I view Christmas, in fact. Christmas is about love for me. And fun. And we have both when we are all together here at MHH!