First Communion!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
My son's First Communion will be in March and I DESPERATELY need help and ideas!!!! We are going to use my son's favorite color greeen along with the theme "Welcome to God's Table". I've found Green M&M's, Green Jelly Belly's, Green Table Cloth, Green Napkins.... I'm creating green invitations. What suggestions do you have? I think I'm going to take my son to a ceramic studio and let him paint a plate and maybe a chalise to have on display and be a rememberance of his special day. What ideas do you have?????

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
My son is also making his FHC in May. There is another post on this subject and some ideas were to have food in crock pots so when you come home from church it's all ready and done. Have some pretty Easter flowers (lillies and such) as table decorations.

I love the idea of using his favoite color as decor. I think he will love it!

I think I will do for this what I did for my daughters Christening. I will make white chocolate cross lollipops, and put blue candy dust on it and bag them and tie personalized ribbons with the date and his name on it as a favor. Added a nice touch and the ribbons were pretty cheap.

Good luck! Keep us posted as I will love some other ideas!

Kelly :bigsnow:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
How wonderful! For our son's First Communion last spring we had brunch following Mass. I had a strata and french toast casserole in the oven while we were at church. I bought muffins and juice. I also had thawed frozen fresh fruit for a fruit salad. I had the bacon and sausage in the slow cooker. We used a grapes/wheat/white/gold theme for the decor, invites and favors. The favor was a bookmark with gold ribbon threaded through the top. I have it on my computer. If you are interested in seeing the text let me know and I can email it to you. I had a white tablecloth on the table. The centerpiece was a white candle surrounded with grapes and wheat. I also had a cake made with a chalice with a host and grapes on it. It was a nice day.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
My daughter is also making her First Holy Communion this May so I'll be watching this thread closely for ideas. I'll definitely be using some crock pot ideas and will probably have a deli tray.

I want to make the serving very easy so that people do not have to show up at any special time but will be able to eat whenever they want to. Unfortunately, my nephew on my husband's side is making his First Communion on the same day so it will make things difficult on DH's relatives. I want to make sure thay can come at any time and get something to eat if they are delayed with my nephew's communion.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I'm thinking of having it catered, too! :party: I also need to save my sanity as it's been a busy time lately. Plus, I had a stroke of luck because my nephew's First Communion is on the same day as DD's and my BIL offered to split the cost with me if he can share DD's party.

That adds a bit of wiggle room to my budget so I am thinking of some nice sandwich trays - nothing too fancy.

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Well it is here!!! Tomorrow is the day!

House all cleaned, everything decorated, ordered and ready to go!

How did everyone elses plans work out?

I am really excited, and I will say, he looks so hansome in his suit! He is excited too, they had rehersal tonight, and I started to get teary eyed. I am going to be a reck when he gets married!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Our party was a wonderful success! The food trays I got from a new Giant grocery store went over so beautifully that I plan on ordering them again in a few weeks for my daughter's birthday party. Everyone loved them and they were exactly the right amount.

Everyone had a great time and we even had a champagne toast to honor the communicants (obviously they used soda rather than champagne). What a wonderful day!

I'm so thankful for all the ideas and support I get every time I log on to this site! Thanks, everyone!

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Glad to hear that your Son's special day was a success! I have recently found some childrens 'champagne'. It is called 'champin' and is obviously non alcoholic but has the popping cork like real champagne, my kids think it's great!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Mine was wonderful to! We had nice weather, and the food was great and everyone had a wonderful time. My son was very excited about it so I am glad was a success. And I love the champagne toast! Wish I thought of that!