Flying through the Holidays

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Flying through the Holidays
I have started this thread for all of the fly babies out there who use a control journal.
This is what I will be doing to cruise through the Holidays.

1. Since I would like to have a lot of baking done and I am a chronic procrastinator, I have designated Mondays and Thursdays as cookie day. So on Mondays I will whip up a batch of cookies or a cake or cup cakes to freeze and be decorated later. I will also whip up a huge batch of butter cream frosting to freeze (it lasts forever) so all I have to do is pull out the cupcakes or cake and frost it (the fun part!)
2. I will set my timer on Wednesdays and Saturdays for 30 minutes and pull out all of my decorations, then use the 30 minutes to decorate a room at a time. (I have these dates set down in my calendar) as a rule I try to start on thanksgiving or the day after
3. I always have the last Saturday of the month designated as card day. So for October, November card day I will address my cards and have them ready to go for December
4. I bought a new freezer last month and started getting any thing for baking that would go in the freezer and extra vegetables and flour things of that type, so the worse of the shopping is done. I went through and made an inventory of every thing I had in my pantry and freezer so I can tell at a glance what I will need.
5. I have a huge reusable shopping bag of stocking stuffers or Piñata fillings that I have been collecting all year so that’s done.
6. I have a list of where I store all of my wreathes and decorations in my holiday planners. So I need to look at it and see where stuff is.

COME ON SANTA BRING IT ON! LOL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm going to try to follow along your lines. I do not have a lot of baking to do but I can at least do a little.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I mixed up 3 rolls of homemade cookie dough, and put them in the freezer. So their ready to pop in the oven.
I have been buying chocolate chips and putting them in the freezer to make fudge with. I got a bunch of tins to give it in. I will give that to my clients and the people I work with. But I plan to do closer to Christmas. I'm not sure how it would do if I froze it.
I need to make an inventory of baked goods for my Christmas planner.