Freezer Sessions 2020...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I think Jess (Mrs. Soup) uses Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll recipe a lot and freezes them.

My suggestion for freezing things is to line the pan with foil. Put in whatever you want to freeze. Once it's frozen, lift it by the foil from the pan. Wrap well in foil. Then, put it in a labeled ziploc bag. When you get ready to bake it, remove it from the bag, place it back into the pan it was frozen in to cook it.

Someone (not sure who) puts all the ingredients together in separate ziploc bags. Puts it in a ziploc bag and freezes it all together.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a link to this blog this morning for organizing fridge freezer, chest freezer and upright freezer

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I need to get back to this thread!!! My goal is to dive back into my menu planning for this holiday season and get it squared away by end of August - Plans A, B and C :rolleyes:

Anyone else have this kicking around in the back of their minds?

I am but not for the holidays. My focus is for breakfast and lunches for the kids. My oldest will be doing her college classes on line and we will find out this week about my youngest who is going into high school. I made a bunch of breakfast sandwiches yesterday for the freezer. Over the next month I want to make for the freezer:
More breakfast sandwiches
Breakfast burritos
Beef and Chicken burritos
mini pizza pockets, cheese burger pockets and ham and cheese pockets (like hot pockets)
sloppy joes (several freezer bags with enough sloppy joes mixture for 2 sandwiches)

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
I am but not for the holidays. My focus is for breakfast and lunches for the kids. My oldest will be doing her college classes on line and we will find out this week about my youngest who is going into high school. I made a bunch of breakfast sandwiches yesterday for the freezer. Over the next month I want to make for the freezer:
More breakfast sandwiches
Breakfast burritos
Beef and Chicken burritos
mini pizza pockets, cheese burger pockets and ham and cheese pockets (like hot pockets)
sloppy joes (several freezer bags with enough sloppy joes mixture for 2 sandwiches)

My focus is on easy meals for back to school too. I got muffins, waffles, and some hashbrown and sausage casserole in the freezer this weekend. I also bought a couple of boxes of Toaster Scrambles to keep on hand. This week I am going to focus on lunches.
Do you use crescent roll dough for your homemade pockets?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My focus is on easy meals for back to school too. I got muffins, waffles, and some hashbrown and sausage casserole in the freezer this weekend. I also bought a couple of boxes of Toaster Scrambles to keep on hand. This week I am going to focus on lunches.

If you don't mind sharing the hashbrown and sausage casserole recipe, I would like to try it, please.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We are about out of freezer room, so I can't do any freezer meals. I really need to think about putting a freezer in our storage shed. The problem right now is that freezers are out of stock everywhere and most places have signs that say none will be coming in until November.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

I use homemade pizza dough.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We are about out of freezer room, so I can't do any freezer meals. I really need to think about putting a freezer in our storage shed. The problem right now is that freezers are out of stock everywhere and most places have signs that say none will be coming in until November.
Go ahead and order that freezer now. You can always decide not to get it when it comes available.

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
If you don't mind sharing the hashbrown and sausage casserole recipe, I would like to try it, please.

Overnight Breakfast Casserole
8 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 hashbrown patties, frozen (I use the ones that are shaped like rectangles and come in a box of 10)
* 2 cups browned sausage (crumbled) original recipe called for cubed ham
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Spray bottom of 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, line with the hashbrown patties.

Mix together the milk, eggs, mustard powder and salt.

Top with the meat and cheese.

Pour milk- egg mixture over all.

Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 for one hour, covered. Then uncover and bake another 15 minutes.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
8 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 hashbrown patties, frozen (I use the ones that are shaped like rectangles and come in a box of 10)
* 2 cups browned sausage (crumbled) original recipe called for cubed ham
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Spray bottom of 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, line with the hashbrown patties.

Mix together the milk, eggs, mustard powder and salt.

Top with the meat and cheese.

Pour milk- egg mixture over all.

Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 for one hour, covered. Then uncover and bake another 15 minutes.

That’s how I make it too! We love it!

Im trying to get organized for fall. I’ll be freezing tomatos, applesauce and peaches. Trying to use up any odds and ends in the big freezer to make more room. At some point I’ll be making chicken soup too. I’ll do some kind of freezer meals, not sure what though. Not sure about cookies, no one missed them last year, so still thinking about it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Right now, our freezer is stocked with frozen fruit, ice cream and fruit bars. :) It's so darn hot, I only want to eat frozen sweet treats. I've been blessed these last four months of having my dc take over dinner preparations once we went into lockdown. I figured it was a well needed break for me and it gave them purpose and a creative outlet to experiment with food. Now they'll be heading off to college in a few weeks.

In the past, I'd be trying to figure out quick meals to make and freeze for at least 3 nights a week and then one weekend night. The chaos of past autumns looks to be on the simpler side due to coronavirus and having one child at home instead of five at home. I should think about some bulk cooking like rice and beans but that will probably be near the end of August.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm still trying to empty the freezer before getting it full again.

Thinking I might use my big canning pot for stuff instead of the freezer... will be ready to eat and take up less space... like spaghetti sauce, etc...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I bought a family pack of chicken breasts last trip to Meijer and got that into marinades and into freezer - two bags of Oven Chicken Fajitas and one bag of "Best Chicken Marinade" :)

I need to make some mini muffins either today or tomorrow and then freeze...

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
When I was at Walmart Tuesday, they had chicken thighs on clearance, so I bought three packages of them. They'll go into the freezer tomorrow. I cooked some for supper last night.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Peaches are done and in the freezer. I also made a batch of AJs plum sauce and froze. It’s really good. Will get tomato’s later this month to freeze.

Hooray for Plum Sauce!!!! :D

I baked and froze 40 mini Oreo cookie muffins - they looked so cute!!! Plan to make a batch of lemon poppyseed and one of chocolate - this lets me pull out an assortment of mini muffins for DS for breakfast on some days.

I'm going to try and dry another round of parsley but I think herbs are about done for the year! I've gotten a TON so no complaints!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Meat prices are starting to come down! Have 2 Boston butts to grind. Much cheaper than buying the store ground pork. Vaccum sealed some chicken breasts and 2 chuck roasts and some steaks.