Frugal Ways To Fill A Stocking???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
sometimes you can find little packs of legos or other similar things that fit in stockings nicely. Barbie clothes, either in or out of the packaging - sometimes you can find these at yardsales.

My daughter likes to get lead and eraser refills for her refillable pencils.

Pocketknives or Gerber tools can be nice, but sometimes we actually wrap those as real presents.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm sure this was already said, but I just got lucky at the school supply sale rack yesterday at target. I of the cooler stuff I wouldn't normally buy for just cents on the dollar. My son is in college, so some of these little supplies were perfect.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
CVS has their school stuff at 75% off. I got the kids some pencils for school yesterday, cause although I couldn't believe it, all the ones we actually bought for school, they've given away or used up or lost or eaten, I guess! :haha: It will eventually go to 90%, but I'm always afraid stuff will sell out, so I think I'm going to get some more when I work tonight.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Check your Sunday coupons- this time of year they have a lot of low cost/ free with rebate etc on candles/fresheners.

I am getting a $10 wisp candle for free after rebate.

I have $1 of Johnson Soap coupons- I am buying $1 Buddy Soap bars to put in the kiddos stockings and few for Bridal Showers I will have 15 all for free :flower: .

As mentioned free samples and clearance throughout the year add up

I just posted Free Planet Heroes DVD in Budgets would be nice for younger kiddos

I am going to get free Charlie Brown DVDs that was posted about earlier

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
CVS has their school stuff on clearance, and I found the perfect stocking stuffers for my DD11 last night - mini permanent markers! They were only 13 cents, and I got her one of every color they had. :)

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
I've been hitting the clearance racks lately at the stores too. Everyone seems to be getting rid of the back to school stuff and summer stuff. I got some BBQ accessories ( hot pads, sillicon basting brushes) for DH and me (yes I fill my own stocking), markers and mini staplers and such for DS(5), Johnson buddies soap and Hello Kitty stuff marked down at Target dollar spot (if you hit it right, they mark down their stuff 75%). I use the % off coupons at Michaels and AC Moore and for stockin stuffer things if I don't need any larger items. Michaels and Joann's both have good dollar sections.

Walgreens usually has coupons in their store flyer for things like nail scissors, emery boards, gum, candy bars, holiday pencils and hand sanitizers at very cheap prices.

I think the thing that saves me the most money is not going out the week of Christmas and buying them.

Savannahmom

Retire Member
Sep 25, 2008
Savannah GA
Our stockings were filled with gum,pencils,pens makeup,casettes(just told my age:)magazines.I always got a Duran Duran poster in mine too:)

These have been great ideas though

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
For generations our family has abided by the old Yankee tradition for filling stockings:
*something to eat
*something to read
*something to play with
*something you need

**I usually fill our stockings with an orange and chocolates, a book, a toy, and mittens, slippers, hat or gloves.

This website makes every season magical ......