Get anything done,or just fun?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Yesterday was a bit of a bust for me in the Rudy dept. We're having beautiful sunny weather here and the kids came to me shortly after breakfast wanting to swim in the pool! We got our chores done and then were in and out of the water all day long! Relaxing day, though! Last night I plugged in the grinch movie and I just have an excuse to do more Rduy Day things today! Did anyone have better Christmas luck? :confused:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope! nothing done here but I'll try since this weekend I'll have 4 days and the weather forecasts seems to be rain for those days.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
After weeding and planting beans (in the rain :rain: )
I came inside, took a shower and plopped down in front of the TV for the rest of the night!

BUT, I did knit while watching TV and got a good 2 hours or more in on the Comfort Shawl I am making for DMIL.

So not a total bust, but I didn't break out the Christmas Carols or any hot cocoa like I had planned...

:slap:

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I had the most productive Rudy Day ever. June was my "decorations" month. I updated my Christmas Notebook with pictures I had taken from last year, separated them by room, made notes on each page as to what I liked and didn't like about each one, wrote suggestions for this year. Then made a list to put in my small Christmas notebook of what I needed to buy for each idea. I even had enough time to start one of the craft decorations that I had picked out.

During lunch yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to look for a Christmas movie to watch last night but they didn't have any. I did find two movies in the 2/$10 bin that I could use for DH and DS23 for Christmas stockings. I went to the library instead and checked out "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart DVD. I watched it while working on Rudy Day while drinking a double hot chocolate.

And all that after a full day at the office :grin: I may never have another day that productive again but it sure felt good yesterday. The only thing I didn't get to on my list was updating the blog. I figured if I got on the computer to do that, it would be hours before I got off and that just wasn't going to do! It really helped that DH and DS18 left me alone and got their own dinner. They even were very encouraging about the whole Rudy thing. How lucky I am :-D

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
well I wouldn't say it was a bust, just not as planned. I got called in to work gaves the night before, so most of my morning was a bust. But while I was working I did work on my Christmas notebook and filed some things away from last years magazines. I read the Martha Stewart Christmas idea book when I got up too. Then I had to spend most of the afternoon/evening running my daughter around, but I finished off by listening to a little Jim Brickman at the end of the evening, while reading my GPD book. :) Good combo, christmas music, while reading a vampire book...Only on these boards do you find crazies who do that... :rotflol:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Good job, Qltmarkt and MinnieCo! Love the craziness, don't you?

I didn't do as much as I'd planned, but I have 31 days of Rudy starting next week, so I didn't stress over it too much. I made a couple of lists of supplies needed and read a fall Gooseberry Patch book instead!

I plan to work a little on my notebook today...every so often I like to tweak it and de-clutter it...and I haven't done that since last Christmas. Gotta get it ready for all those new lists and timelines I love to create!! :rotflol:

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Great Job Qltmarkt and MinnieCo!

DS and I managed to get 10 cards done and plan on doing 10 a day till they're all done.

jlow69

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Limes 'N Coconuts (blog) had a mason jar mini album that I've been wanting to do for myself before deciding whether or not it would be acceptable to give as a gift. I finished on Wednesday night and it turned out pretty cute! The theme was summer, so I would like to
try one with a Halloween theme and then a Christmas theme. :package:

purplecrush

Premiere Member
I was actually really productive! Im going to try to post pics of what I did. I did one of those matchbox countdown advent thingies shaped as a tree. Well I should have used large matchboxes, but couldnt find any. The tree turned out really small and not as tall and cute as the ones Ive seen online. Its still cute nonetheless. I also made a christmas card file. It turned out cute also. I drank hot chocolate and watched Snowglobe.

Well now you dont need to read my blog!! This was all on there LOL. Im excited for next week!

jlow69

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
I took pictures of the mini photo jar and have them in a folder in, but I don't know how to give you a link to them!! Do you have to have a blog to do this?

jlow69

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Thank you jackfrosty for your help. I have now uploaded my pictures onto flickr. Now how do I let you see them?

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
A few days late posting here but... I got some things done over the course of the past week for my Rudy Day. I picked out a new front door wreath to make and got all the supplies at Michael's. I also went thru 4 volumes of Gooseberry Patch Christmas books that I checked out at the library and picked some new recipes to try, crafts to make and "theme" ideas for future holiday seasons. I also picked out some elf doings and made a list, some crafts for my daughter to do ( I picked up some supplies for that on my Michaels run too!)

Got some done- hoping to put together the wreath and make crafts bags with all the supplies and instructions for DD , test some recipes and update gift lists in July !

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
jlow69, sorry it took me so long to get back to you!
Go to your pic's on flickr. Right click on the site address on the top of your computer screen.Click on 'copy'. Then come here and reply to the post. right click in the reply box and click on 'paste'. The site address or url should come up on your reply. When you submit your post you should be able to click on it and it will take you to your pic's. I hope this makes sense! Am I leaving anything out ladies? Give it a try!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I didn't do as much as I would have liked but agree with Cathymac that we have a whole month to accomplish more with CIJ. i'm wanting to alter my Notebook yet again, so will be working on that during July as well as trying to join in with as many activities as possible here with you all at MHH.