Getting in Shape for Christmas 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will we be doing weekly updates on this thread? :)

Oh no!!!! Does that mean I have to confess I made a double layer chocolate cake this afternoon??? :rolleyes:

It’s been a very stressful week for me. I’ve actually done pretty well considering I am a emotional eater. But today I’ve had it with pretty much everyone. I have made every attempt to stay busy so I don’t over eat. Sunday I will try to slowly start back on the treadmill.
For accountability - We may have a piece of cake tonight and will definitely have one tomorrow. Then the rest will be frozen.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Will we be doing weekly updates on this thread? :)
We can if you like. I was planning on an update on Monday since that's the day I started the Whole 30 - Day 1 was Monday, June 22. I think I posted a week one update, yes just saw it on the thread - it was the week of still doing ok, chili was a bust, craving a drop of flavored syrup in my coffee!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Oh no!!!! Does that mean I have to confess I made a double layer chocolate cake this afternoon??? :rolleyes:

It’s been a very stressful week for me. I’ve actually done pretty well considering I am a emotional eater. But today I’ve had it with pretty much everyone. I have made every attempt to stay busy so I don’t over eat. Sunday I will try to slowly start back on the treadmill.
For accountability - We may have a piece of cake tonight and will definitely have one tomorrow. Then the rest will be frozen.
Yes, we take the good, the bad, and the ugly! Sometimes the only thing you can do is eat a piece of cake, and then another one. Hope it was delicious.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Yes, we take the good, the bad, and the ugly! Sometimes the only thing you can do is eat a piece of cake, and then another one. Hope it was delicious.

It’s really good cake! Small piece!

Pam, have you tried the flavored k cups? I like the macadamia nut cookie and Island coconut ( think that’s the actual name). They are not sweet. they make me think I’m having dessert when I’m not.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
It’s really good cake! Small piece!

Pam, have you tried the flavored k cups? I like the macadamia nut cookie and Island coconut ( think that’s the actual name). They are not sweet. they make me think I’m having dessert when I’m not.
I have but not lately, I should get a box. I love the Christmas variety box that I can pick up at Bed, Bath and Beyond with one of my 20% coupons.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am also once again on the weight losing road. I have been on WW SEVERAL times and it works but you have to stay with it. Last time in 13 I lost over 55 pounds but it is back plus a few more pounds.

When at the doctor a couple weeks ago and the blood work showed I am right there for diabetes so he wants me to loose weight and come back in 6 months. Before going (for pain in back/hip) I had started cutting down, so now to continue.

I have lost 10 lbs. in about 3 weeks. Has been 4 weeks since starting but staying about here with a pound varying every other day it seems for a week. Most would be water. I haven't drink soda in 5 or 6 years this month. I eat healthy food but my problem is the portion size and eating till FULL not just content. We had 3 new recipes yesterday and all were good.

I need to start walking either early morning or later evenings.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Good work so far! The threat of diabetes can be very motivating.

I dreaded my Monday morning weigh-in this morning, since the last two nights I have had pie for dessert. The pies were truly delicious, but just something I absolutely cannot do every night. Here at the lake, though, it's hard to say no when your friend says he has a special dessert planned, and the next night, a neighbor insists on making a pie just for you (me)! I joke that I'm being force-fed! All will be well, though, if I can avoid those sweets for the next few days, or otherwise, I'll have to make amends when we are home and more in control of the food placed in front of us.

This morning's weigh-in, however, wasn't so bad after all, especially in light of the fluctuating scale readings all week long. I'm down 0.1 lb. on the lake scale which weighs a bit less than the home scale. No change in BMI calculation. Total weight loss in 9+ months is 47.5 lbs. so feeling fine.

Hope other are seeing progress!

Reactions: Lana and PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Day 15 of the Whole 30 - halfway there! I think my sugar craving is almost non-existent (not that I wouldn't eat a cupcake if you offered me one!) but I don't stare longingly at the canister of brown sugar any longer! I don't think a soda would appeal to me either. Today I transitioned from 32 ounces of water a day (4 x 8 ounce glasses) to 48 ounces (6 x 8 ounces) to step up my water intake since I drink zero on the weekends. I drink coffee and the occasional can of sparkling water but that's about it. I don't like drinking water period but I force myself at work. Upping the water meant that I was practically racing up the street when I got off the bus to get to the bathroom lol! Must.drink.earlier.in.the.day! Feeling much less achy - knees doing well on the walk to and from the bus and it's not such an effort to get on the bus - the steps are so darn high. Roll on the next 15 days!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Pamela, sound like you are doing great keep up it.
I too need to drink more water. Will work on that when not traveling. DH and I were doing well than when called away to help out family we got off track. Slowly working our way back to it. Still have some more traveling to do this month. I have lost 10 lbs since we started and just can't get past the number I have been fighting for 2 years. When high protein, low carbs I worry about heart disease, when I watch calories, I don't eat enough. Need to find balance that will allow the pounds to drop. I am not a big fruit and vegetable eater. I thinking I will go back to the six small meals with few cheats. That's like snacking every 2 hours. It takes planning and it I can set it up for the entire day I am more likely to succeed.
To tomorrow another day to start again.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Pamela ~ So glad you’re having such positive physical reactions from the changes you’re making.

When high protein, low carbs I worry about heart disease, when I watch calories, I don't eat enough. Need to find balance that will allow the pounds to drop.
Jody ~ Are you saying that a high protein, low carb diet leads to heart disease? I’ve never heard that. Cutting carbs forces your body to use stored fat for energy. One result of a Google search said: “Reducing carbs to achieve ketosis may improve heart disease risk factors like blood triglycerides, total cholesterol and HDL cholesterol.” In my meal planning, I try to avoid simple carbs like sugar and potatoes, and somewhat limit complex carbs like fruit, whole grains and beans, but not eliminate them completely. I do love fruit, especially this time of year! Our daily breakfast is fruit and whole wheat toast. It's tough, though, if you're not fond of fruit and vegetables! 10 lb. is a great start!

And also, for heart health, I'm trying to incorporate more cardio.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I'll join,,,,I have a goal in mind for the summer. Trying to break it into smaller goals to reach the bigger goal. I flirt with keto since it's good for my diabetes. Our swimming pools are not open yet and that was my exercise...I miss it. Heat is too high here so I'll pull up the WATP videos again but I really hate doing them . Lol.
I like how everyone is doing something different...there is more then one right way to lose weight and we all need to find the way that works for us.
I belong to another group that would have weekly weigh ins...you decide your weigh in day and come back and update it weekly.
Mon July 13th-
Mon July 20Th-
Mon July 27th-
Mon Aug 3rd-
Mon Aug 10th-
Mon Aug 17th-
Mon Aug 24th-
Mon Aug 31st-

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm also trying to get in shape for Christmas. I didn't pack on pounds during the lockdown so much, but I used to walk a couple miles a day, and then when we were forced to stay in I lost that. By time we could go for walks without worrying, it was too hot and mosquitoey (it's a word right?) to enjoy getting out.
I think I messed up my metabolism during the winter. I've weighed the same amount since I was 18 other than when I was pregnant, but within days of giving birth I was always back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was very sick in the winter and dropped 15 pounds. It took months to get better, but then I gained an extra five pounds over what I'd been. I didn't really change my diet, but I wonder if my body felt the need to store up after being underweight for so long.
I've been doing a Jillian Michaels DVD every day, and I hope to get walking again every day in the near future if we don't get a big second wave in the fall.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve been back on the treadmill everyday since Sunday. Increasing my mileage slowly, up to 1.25 miles yesterday. Once I get my mileage back up I’ll start working on my speed again.

Reactions: PamelaG

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I told dgd on the way to gymnastics that I desperately need a hamburger. On a bun. That I don't cook. She said, "Like McDonalds." I said, "Exactly like McDonalds." Did I stop for McDonald's to go? No I did not, because I knew dd would find out. Sigh. The diet continues.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I told dgd on the way to gymnastics that I desperately need a hamburger. On a bun. That I don't cook. She said, "Like McDonalds." I said, "Exactly like McDonalds." Did I stop for McDonald's to go? No I did not, because I knew dd would find out. Sigh. The diet continues.
Good going passing on the Macds Deb! One day at a time right?