Getting in Shape for Christmas 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
Good report for me this week, since I don't use the scale or tape measure to check my progress, I have been feeling like my clothes are feeling looser. I have a pair of jean capri pants that I wore at one time last year and this spring couldn't even get up to the top of my thighs and after 30 days on my new eating plan their up!! Not zipped or snapped but up, haha

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Love the reports on fitting into clothes better!

I guess it's human nature to discard our large clothes as soon as we can fit into our smaller clothes, but keep the smaller clothes if we grow out of them in the hopes that we will get back into them. Looks like that's happening for many of us!

I, too, fit into some smaller jeans yesterday and wore them comfortably all day. I actually think they are about the smallest ones in my wardrobe.

Weigh-in this morning was up 0.3, but on our "heavier" home scale compared to the "lighter" scale at the lake which I weighed on last Monday. BMI was unchanged and in a healthy range.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was down another pound. This week will be a challenge with walking. We are in a heatwave. I got out at 9 am for my morning walk. If felt like 97 degrees F. I shortened my walk by a few minutes.

Reactions: halimer and PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Yesterday was the end of the Whole 30 so I hopped on the scales this morning - down 10 pounds. I've lost more in 30 days on this plan but I'm happy. 10 pounds or so a month and I'll be feeling svelte by Christmas. I know that not drinking the water every day - ugh, I just can't face it - played a part in the pounds lost number not being higher and I'll admit that even though I stuck faithfully to Whole 30 foods, portion size wasn't always quite what it should have been. When I get home, I'm tired and hungry and not at all feeling like adding a salad to my dinner to fill me up. Will work on this more. Debating on the next step - might switch to what Vic and I called the 5-2 plan, 5 days of Whole 30 menus and 2 days of not being so strict; I think though that I'll do a 6-1 with Saturday as a less strict day. Not really a cheat day, but one where a little flexibility is ok.

An added bonus, I went from 1X pants, skipping right over 18W and 18, into 16W pants. And, yes, I do have all four sizes and several others going down in sizes, looking forward to the day I can report I'm in one of those!

I do know I'll be tucking into a chocolate cupcake on Rudolph Day, I've been waiting 30 days for it!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This week weigh in was a 1 pound loss but exciting because the number dropped below fist digit of the 3 digit number changed. I have been staying above that number for to to long. Water and movement need to be added and hopefully the 3 digit will change quickly.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
This week weigh in was a 1 pound loss but exciting because the number dropped below fist digit of the 3 digit number changed. I have been staying above that number for to to long. Water and movement need to be added and hopefully the 3 digit will change quickly.
That's exciting! I dropped a decade which is what I call it when the middle digit changes. 150-140-130-120-110 etc.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Yesterday was the end of the Whole 30 so I hopped on the scales this morning - down 10 pounds. I've lost more in 30 days on this plan but I'm happy. 10 pounds or so a month and I'll be feeling svelte by Christmas. I know that not drinking the water every day - ugh, I just can't face it - played a part in the pounds lost number not being higher ...
DH has been drinking "Vitamin Water" that he gets at Costco. It's very lightly flavored water and is quite good. Maybe having something like that would help you to drink more water. You can also infuse your own flavors with mint, lemon, cucumber, etc. Can you drink artificial sweeteners? I used to really like the raspberry flavored Crystal Lite. Congratulations on your weight loss and smaller pant size! How rewarding that feels!

My weight this week was down 0.6 (BMI 22.9). I would prefer to lose a couple more pounds, but since I've already lost over 45 lbs. and don't have much further to go, it will be slow ... if at all ...

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
DH has been drinking "Vitamin Water" that he gets at Costco. It's very lightly flavored water and is quite good. Maybe having something like that would help you to drink more water. You can also infuse your own flavors with mint, lemon, cucumber, etc. Can you drink artificial sweeteners? I used to really like the raspberry flavored Crystal Lite. Congratulations on your weight loss and smaller pant size! How rewarding that feels!

My weight this week was down 0.6 (BMI 22.9). I would prefer to lose a couple more pounds, but since I've already lost over 45 lbs. and don't have much further to go, it will be slow ... if at all ...
I just bought a new product from Twining's (Tea) that a friend recommended - it's called Cold Infuse and it's tea bags that you add to your water. It must be coming from England because it won't be here until early August. I bought the Rose Lemonade flavor to try.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL

You’ve done well. Congratulations!

Reactions: PamelaG and halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, we have had the Twinings cold infused teas here for several years. The lemonade one is really nice. You can purchase a infuser water bottle as well but I just toss a tea bag into my usual water bottle. I find I can top it up twice and still get flavour from it.

Reactions: PamelaG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you, Jody. I'm a little worried about my weigh-in tomorrow morning, as I haven't been as good with my eating this week. I've only one real splurge, though, with S'mores at the campfire last night. Mostly, I've just been eating a little more than I should at dinner time. I've managed to keep up my exercise program though.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Down another pound at weigh in. I am forgetting to eat if I am busy and when I do finally eat something I am eating the wrong foods. I must be more mindful. This thread is good helps me to reflex and see where I can improve.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Good work Jody!

I'm up a fraction of a pound this morning. No problem, as I'm still within my target BMI range.

Reactions: Lana and PamelaG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm down 1.2 lbs this morning but on a different scale. I sure wish they would all read the same...and wish I could use yesterday's weight. LOL

How's everyone else doing?