Gift Idea needed

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Hi guys! My sister and her husband want to do a family gift exchange for each other's families- to try and save on the cost. So I need some ideas.

They live about 2.5 hours away, have a 1 year old little boy and are newly expecting #2. Her hubby is a student and she is a teacher. So I'm struggling to find something they can all do as "as a family".

I know my sister would like some new wine glasses, so i was thinking about something in that theme - for example wine glasses, a bottle of wine (For Mom and Dad after the new baby comes) and maybe a sippy cup and grape juice for Reese? Are there any children's books about grapes that might fit the theme just to be funny? Would like to give my nephew a cooler gift, but if I'm going with the family theme, there should be some kind of link. KWIM?

Would love some suggestions. :) THANK YOU~!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Book: Lousy Rotten Stinkin' Grapes is a wonderful book. You can also put in a small hand puppet of one of the animals (Chapters I think had a nice mouse)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice gift idea. A book on making your own wine might be nice.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Not for the little ones...but wine charms are always nice and you might even be able to make some if you are crafty and have some pretty beads!

:tree:

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
Am I warped? Immediately I thought of "Drink Me" for your theme -- with a twist of Alice in Wonderland -- maybe a copy of the movie, with a small fruit basket (including grapes) and some cheese and the wine.

Or maybe the Aesop's Fables with the fox and grapes -- or the Stinking Grapes book (mentioned above) -- or the Very Hungry Caterpillar (doesn't he eat grapes too?). The "Grapes of Math" book is probably too old for your nephew, but it's a fun book too. Directions for making a green grape caterpillar (surf the web -- I haven't made one in 15 years) to go with the Hungry Caterpillar book. A decent vintage copy of Grapes of Wrath might be nice for the teacher/student.

Wine glasses, wine charms, great corkscrew, serving tray -- all kinds of places you can go with your wine motif/theme.