Gift wrap Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
For gift wrap, ribbons, bows, etc... I use a wheeled underbed storage container. For my rolls of wrapping paper I use my lugagge garment bag hung up in the garage. It also has room to house the scissors, bows, ribbons, etc....

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
Rolls of paper are in an under-the-bed box and the ribbon, bows and bags are in a plastic storage box. I need to find a way to make it easier to get into during the year for birthdays though.

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
I read a handy tip in a magazine the other day where you take old nylon stockings and pull them over the wrapping paper tubes to keep the paper from getting torn while in storage. :rain:

EllaBlue said:
I read a handy tip in a magazine the other day where you take old nylon stockings and pull them over the wrapping paper tubes to keep the paper from getting torn while in storage. :rain:
That is an interesting tip!!!

I cut off the tops of old socks (or those who get holes) and each kid is designated a color. We use the sock tops and place over water bottles so we can keep track of who's water bottle is who's. It has stopped alot of the it's not mine fights.

Holiday Nut

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
Christmas Town
I have alot of gift wrap -- for the big rolls I have a rubbermaid container (sorta looks like a trash barrel -- but its clear!) and then I have a few rubbermaids for my bags, bows, etc.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have an "under the bed" Rubbermaid bin that fits the long wrapping paper very well. It fits two stacked on each shelf of my storage shelves. In one of have multiple rolls, the second ribbons, tags and tape....

Works for me. :grin:

davinarn

Retire Member
Nov 7, 2007
I have a clear rubbermaid thing also, but I keep my wrapping paper and recylcyed bags for other events in the recylced chest drawers in my foyer. The only thing missing is the tape that DS takes all the time.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
For the past few years and for a few more years I don't have to worry about storing gift wrap. My mom has over bought for years upon years. She has boxes upon boxes in on of her storage areas. A few years ago she started telling us kids not to buy any just come over and take what we want. She has everything. She is still buying when its on sale or she sees something she thinks the kids would like. So we take what we will use and the rest stays in her storage area for the next year.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I keep ribbons, bows, gift bags, tissue, etc. in one of those plastic 4 drawer thingys on wheels. Obviously, I have no clue what to call it. My rolls of wrap are in the box our pack & play came in 12 years ago when my DS was born! It is the perfect size when standing on its end. I do have trouble sometimes with paper getting crumpled - I'll have to try some ideas others have mentioned.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have a clear rubbermaid storage container for gift wrap. I also have an organizer for everyday wrap from Lillian Vernon.

I like the nylon idea. Thanks for sharing. :grin:

Lisa :friendly:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I keep my Christmas wrap in an unused garment bag that hangs in the back of the closet in the spare room. This room becomes Gift Wrap Central, so it's a handy place.

The long rolls go inside the bag, and tags, tape, scissors, etc. go in the side pockets.

Most of the underbed space in our house is already taken. Boys have captain's beds with the drawers under, daughter has a trundle under hers, Spare room houses craft supplies, I try to keep master bed clear underneath. Well, except for shoes.