Good Housekeeping

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
the November Issue, has some excellent pullout articles for Thanksgiving. They have a chart that tells you how many pounds of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, etc. you will need for how many servings you will need, as well as a 4 step carving guide for turkey. There were some yummy recipes in there as well! Just wanted to share. I cut out a ton of stuff to use for a Thanksgiving Notebook.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
thanks for the heads up campncook ~ will have to check over the site! :friendly:

SharJMW

MHH Member
Oct 21, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I have a small section in my Christmas Notebook for Thanksgiving. One thing that I have found extremely helpful is recording what everyone made the previous year and the quantities that I made. We go to my sister's house every year for Thanksgiving, but we divide up the desserts and sides. My contribution has been the same for the past few years - sweet potatoes, creamed onions, pumpkin pie and the ever present (lol) green bean casserole. I have reduced the quantity of onions and now I make two different types of sweet potatoes.

:jack:

Shar

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I meant to grab a copy when I was at the store the other day. I will pick one up this week.

:snowman: Melanie

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
SharJMW said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a small section in my Christmas Notebook for Thanksgiving. One thing that I have found extremely helpful is recording what everyone made the previous year and the quantities that I made. We go to my sister's house every year for Thanksgiving, but we divide up the desserts and sides. My contribution has been the same for the past few years - sweet potatoes, creamed onions, pumpkin pie and the ever present (lol) green bean casserole. I have reduced the quantity of onions and now I make two different types of sweet potatoes.

:jack:

Shar

I think keeping a record of quanitites is a great idea. I know every year we second guess how much food we'll need.