Great Dirty Santa gifts..The ones people fight over!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
:bigsnow: Not a Christmas goes by that most of us don't get invited to a party and asked to
bring a gift to play dirty santa with, and it seems like there's always one or two gifts that absoluelty everyone wants. In order to help us pick a great one, I thought we could start a list of Great Dirty Santa Gifts. For those of you who don't know how to play dirty santa check out the web below, it's alot of fun.
My Picks:
Homemade Cheesecake (This one fits budgets 10.00 - 25.00)
Lottery Tickets
Gourmet Chocolate caramel candy covered apples

http://serinahope.blogspot.com/2007/11/dirty-santa.html

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
One year someone should make the cheesecake out of soap as a surprise.

Elf Bidy

Retire Member
Sep 15, 2008
Central Louisiana
We did this at a friend's party last year and their was an almost all out brawl for the following:
A silver flask (from Target)
An ice chest (from Wal-Mart)
A snowman cake plate (from Cracker Barrel)

My sister got the flask, my husband got the ice chest, and all I got was a $5 gift card from Burger King. :frown:

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
Last year I ended up with the gift everyone fought over - A barn shaped cookie jar that played the "Green Acres" theme.
Love a good dirty Santa party! :haha:

scrapbookmommy

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
One year I took clear ornaments and copied family pictures onto transparencies. You cut the pics out into a circle. You roll the transparency circle around a pencil so it's small enough to fit through the opening on the ornament. You slide the pic down inside and they pop back open and then you can see the picture. Then you just put the top back on and attach ribbon or whatever decorations you want. If anybody wants to make these the trick to figuring out what size to cut the circles is to experiment cutting them and take the negative part of the cut and when it fits exactly to the middle of the ball (when you place it over the ornament) then that is the size you need. It should set in the middle and not slide over the ball. I scrapbook so I used a circle cutter and it worked perfectly. Anyway when I made mine I used a family picture of each family and then pics of family members who had passed on. Let me tell you this was a very inexpensive gift but I thought there was going to be a knock down drag out fight. There where almost tears shed. The person who did get them ended up giving everybody their family ornament and keeping what was left.

April :package:

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Re: Great Dirty Santa gifts..The ones people fight %

One year I brought a Fabrege (don't think I spelled it right) styled pear at TJMaxx for $6.00. It was amazing how it was stolen from person to person.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Never had one nor been to one but it sounds like so much fun... I think this is something we might have to try this year.... I think my family would get a kick out of it.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We do this each year at our staff party/ meeting. Most of the items are things NO_ONE wants :santalol:

This year I have the items for "A Year of Romance" gift. I have the book, and I have collected items (candle, journal and pens, bath petals, tea with a teacup and saucer).
:flower:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
My women's circle at church does this for our January meeting, it is a RIOT! We are suppose to bring a gift that we got for Christmas that was just "wrong" ...we eat Christmas cookie left-overs, and just act the fool...It always surprises me what people go crazy over...one year it was chili pepper shaped salt and pepper shakers, another time it was fluffy chenille slippers..

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
We have done this as a family for the past two years. We each bring a gift ($25-$50 range) wrapped. Most brought a bigger item that was bought on a holiday sale--hence the range in prices. Gifts have ranged from drills, large musical carrosuel, shop vac, fire pit, emergency tire kit, nice set of kitchen knives, chocolate fondue, etc.

It is a lot of fun. I personally thought that the $50 was way too much. The majority were bought for around the $25-30, but probably retailed for double.

We also did a $5 gift that was something simple and played the Right, Left game with it. Some brought good natured gag gifts, unique card games, dice games, or small bath and body items, after shave, etc.

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
As for gifts nobody wants, a nose hair trimmer for men and I saw these slippers in walmart that you wear and mop the floor with. They were close to the cleaning products.

strosiek

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Cape Coral Florida
My family did this one year. The funniest I thought were VCR tape of how you work a vacuum cleaner. My teenage boy cousin got it. The person who brought it didn't have the vacuum cleaner ever? The things we collect. My aunt brought a 55 gallon trash bag full of mismatched socks! She shoved a 100$ bill inside. No one would take her bag of socks. She took the bag and said fine no one gets my hundred dollars or the socks it came with. We laughed so hard. One other time I did the same thing at my party. I asked everyone to bring the ugliest thing in their house and see what we come up with. My friend brought a 60s easter bunny basket dusty so much so that it was grey and inside she added a 8 track tape of How to belly dance. Funny !

MerryHOHOHO

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Maryland
We do this every year at my party and I need the have 911 on speed dial just in case. A few in my family get pretty riled up!
They usually fight over the booze items, or one year it was this stuffed hampster that played a christmas song and danced. I thought blood was going to be shed!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
We have done this for years the one thing that every one fights over is Lottery tickets so much that you have to try and figure out who has them because we will hide them so no one knows.