Halloween Countdown: Week 4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Sorry I'm late! Got a little busy this weekend and forgot to post it. So here it is!

[ :ghost: ] Inventory the freezer and record the contents. Plan to eat from the freezer for the month of October, freeing up space for party foods and food for the oncoming holiday season! Use your food budget savings to stock up on items for the party or on holiday staples. Don't need to do this since we have a small freezer in the garage. Should probably turn it on to make sure it works though since it's been in storage for 4 years!
[ :ghost: ] Do a mini freezer cooking session and put 5-10 entrees in your freezer. Use these meals on busy fall evenings with sports practice, football games, or just relaxing with family. I have done a lasagna casserole already. Might do a chicken enchilada casserole next week.
[ :ghost: ] If your party plans involve a carry in meal. Coordinate with others now. The food is all me so it's done.
[ :ghost: ] Start now to buy one bag of Halloween candy or treats for the Trick or Treaters. If you buy a little each week is much easier on the budget. I already have all the candy I plan on getting.
[ :ghost: ] Do a quick declutter this week so that your fall decor will sparkle. Had company over this weekend so I already did that!
[ :ghost: ] Decorate for fall this week. While you’re at it inventory your decor and set aside what you plan to use for your party. Already have all of my decorations out.
[ :ghost: ] Don’t forget your front porch or entry. Give it a quick clean and add some pumpkins, scarecrows, or other fall decor. Done!
[ :ghost: ] Map out your fall party set up if you haven’t already and pencil in the decor you will be using on each table or spot. Since it's a Bunco party there's not much to set up tablewise so that's done too.

Wow! Looks like I don't have anything to do this week for the countdown! Which is good because I need all the time I can get for the next two weeks to get the scavenger hunt stuff done!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
[ :batty: ] Inventory the freezer and record the contents. Plan to eat from the freezer for the month of October, freeing up space for party foods and food for the oncoming holiday season! Use your food budget savings to stock up on items for the party or on holiday staples. (Inventoried, just need to plan meals)

[ ] Do a mini freezer cooking session and put 5-10 entrees in your freezer. Use these meals on busy fall evenings with sports practice, football games, or just relaxing with family.

[ :batty: ] Start now to buy one bag of Halloween candy or treats for the Trick or Treaters. If you buy a little each week is much easier on the budget. (Bought all my candy yesterday)

[ :batty: ] Do a quick declutter this week so that your fall decor will sparkle.

[ :batty: ] Decorate for fall this week. While you’re at it inventory your decor and set aside what you plan to use for your party. (Need to do the inside)

[ :batty: ] Don’t forget your front porch or entry. Give it a quick clean and add some pumpkins, scarecrows, or other fall decor. (Been done since late September)

Here's my list. I removed anything pertaining to a party since i'm not having one, but I still have alot to do this week it seems and it's already Wednesday! Yikes!!