Happy Hanukkah to all

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I thought I'd send a wish to every one celebrating Hanukkah. May we all light a candle of understanding in our hearts.

I personally do not know a lot about Hanukkah so I thought today I would do some research to broaden my mind.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ahorsesoul Iwill join you in saying "Happy Hanukkah" to those who celebrate.

My three elementary aged children are learning alot about Hanukkah this year. They have a new libarian at school whom is Jewish and he is teaching the children of the holiday and they are teaching him about their beliefs. He sent a letter home earlier in the year of his plans also if any parents did not want their children to participate to send a note in. I think it is good for children to learn different customs.

Yesturday my youngest dd's class had a visit from a niece of one of her teachers that is visiting from Germany. She explained thier traditions to the kids and brought some of their customs food into share with the class. My dd was very interested in it and told me every detail.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Hanukkah to all.

My kids and I watched a program on TV yesterday that was all about this holiday and we learned a lot.

:snowman: Melanie