Happy hanukkah.......

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
...to all!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Happy Hanukah to you, too! Were you able to get everything done that you hoped to?

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Halimer:
Happy Hannukah to you and yours. May this season of light bring you into the new Year with lots of blessings and promise for prosperity!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Thanks for all the good wishes!

I'm always amazed but everlythling does get finished in time:) Had a nice celebration today with family and friends and now DH, DS, DDoggie and I are watching Transformers 2, one of DS's gifts.

Maybe I'll hae another bit of bagel....

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
It sounds like a wonderful day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh -- I have to share this. For one set of my very favorite relatives -- their big family Hanukkah present each year -- was a trip to Disneyland! And -- since they went for a week -- and had to go when the kids were out of school -- they went a few days before Christmas -- and spent the week with much smaller crowds, beautiful decorations, and extra events. They planned year-round for this wonderful trip. And other relatives often arranged to go for the same week and stay at the same hotel.

Their children are grown now. And the wedding-phase of life has just started for them. But I bet this custom will be revived for the grandchildren too!

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Happy Hanukkah!

Hi Halimer, Happy Hanukkah to You & Yours! Did you get both of my envelopes? I hope so. Enjoy the rest of your Holiday. Christmas Paper

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Happy Hanukkah, Halimer! I'm a shikseh of the first order, but I used to sing in a Jewish temple! They hired me to beef up their choir for High Holy Days, and asked me to stay on. I sang at a military chapel on Sunday mornings, and at the temple on Friday nights! I sang with them for almost a year, until my husband got new orders and we moved away. I absolutely loved every moment of it! I was so ignorant, and it was such a wonderful learning and cultural experience for me. Our rebbitsin had lost her first husband and all her family in the Holocaust! It's been over 30 years now, and I can still sing the candle blessing. I hope you and your family have a wonderful celebration!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
When I was going to temple regularly we also had non Jews singing in our choir. The songs during the high holy days were beautiful. I particularly remember a wonderful soloist. What a delight it was to hear a beautiful voice! God grants such wonderful gifts.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Hanukkah!!

Annie

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy Hannukah! Enjoy!!