Happy Hippity Hoppity Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well today is May Hippity Hoppity Day...it is a beautiful day for outside work today so the Spring and Summer Notebook and the Easter Notebook will have to wait till this evening...or gasp...maybe even tomorrow!!! I have been working on my Fairy Garden which is still a nice Spring thing to do on Hippity Hoppity Day....

And I know the rest of you are all working on an Easter/Hippity Hoppity/Spring blog....RIGHT???

Well back to the yard....more later!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yep, gardening. Watering and admiring. There are lots of buds on the rose bushes. The grocery store had a sale on "Wave" petunias $1.50 instead of the typical $4 or $6. No blog. But I do love to read the blogs!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
A fairy garden is a little garden or area that is suppose to attract fairies..LOL

It's just a cute little novel idea I decided to give a try this year! I am pooped from working outside so I am not getting to either my easter Notebook or Spring/summer Notebook tonight....but I will in the next day or two and then I will post my notes/reflections.

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Aww..I want a fairy garden!! You plant it, they will come!!! What a cute idea!!

I belive in fairies!!

Well yesterday, I spent the whole day outside! I didnt plant anything because everything of mine dies out there. I get extreme full sun in the afternoon and my plants and flowers burn! Im not sure about what kind of flower that LOVES LOVES LOVES the HOT sun though. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
It is looking super cute/ I love your choice of plants, the gnomes and the pebble path. I was planning a pebble path too...what kinds of pebbles did you use?....from the craft department or the garden area???

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Thanks! It was so much fun making them. My daughter ran out this morning and she swears she sees little footprints on the dew-y leaves LOL..

Well..actually, there was a fairy here last night...the Tooth Fairy LOL

I actually found the pebbles at the Dollar Tree lol..so I picked up two bags. The bags are a good size too.

All the kids in my neighborhood was over last night watching me make the fairy garden and they kept bringing over cereal because they think thats whats fairies eat hehe..cute.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You made the front page!~!!!!!! I also think it is so cool that the neighborhood kids are having fun with the concept....our kids need more imaginative play in their lives ....everything is so fast paced!!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
That's so wonderful, purplecrush! Thanks so much for sharing it! The boys and I are reading the Spiderwick chronicles right now, so I should really get them to plant something to attract sprites and the like! thank you again for the inspiration! :flower:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Hi all! I've been MIA a bit (we had our baby! see siggy :) but what fun to come back and see there's an Easter/Spring group and day and to snatch up an idea to copy: LOVE the fairy garden! :idea: We've been studying the Flower Fairy Alphabet for our homeschool this year, so a Fairy garden seems the fitting summer activity.

As always, this place continues to inspire and amaze!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
RockinGranola = You had a baby EIGHT DAYS AGO?????!!!!!??????

Congratulations!!!!! :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

Please relax and read all the posts you missed - and REST!!!! There are people still alive in the USA who had 2 WEEKS in the hospital when they had a baby! Two weeks of people carrying meals to your bedside and bringing you flowers and magazines and bringing you a cleaned, bathed baby to feed during the day! Because at night -- your sleep WAS NOT DISTURBED!!! There were LOTS of baby nurses who worked the night shift, and fed your baby bottles, while they sat in a rocking chair and rocked and sang to your baby at night. While you slept peacefully in the next room!!!! Because the entire country thought it was incredibly important the you rested and got your strength back!

After all - you have twenty-some odd years of intense mothering for that little baby (and your other precious children.) Everybody in the country thought you should get lots of pampering. Well, I still think so!!!!) So please rest.
"heartstrings:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
SparkleNana said:
After all - you have twenty-some odd years of intense mothering for that little baby (and your other precious children.) Everybody in the country thought you should get lots of pampering. Well, I still think so!!!!) So please rest.
"heartstrings:

Ahhh, you're so sweet! :flower:

I promise I'm not doing much besides nursing, rocking, sleeping, and sneaking a bit of computer time here and there :-D My hubby has been an excellent pamperer - even doing sweet little things like serving me heart shaped eggs and surprising me with chocolates. I'm very spoiled (and loving every minute of it!)

I was so excited to see an Easter planning day as shortly after Easter this year my oldest DD announced that, next to Christmas and Halloween, Easter is her "favoritest" :bunny:

You all are so great! I've missed hanging out in these forums!