Happy New Year!.....January 1st 2009

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I would like to wish each and every one of my friends here at MHH a very Happy New Year!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the past 12 months here with all of you and you have definatley improved my life for the better. May the love motivation, encouragement and support continue.

I'm looking forward to Jumpstart January and all of the other great things we have going on here, it certainly helps the big let-down after Christmas and gives us something positive to focus on.

Health, wealth & happiness to everyone for 2009.

:heartsNY:

Don't have anything in particular planned for today, will maybe have a ride out later to take a look at some furniture. I'm searching for some sofas for my new family room which will hopefully be completed in the next couple of weeks. Other than that I'm not sure what we'll do. I need to do a couple of loads of laundry and possibly put away a couple more rooms of decorations.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
:heartsNY: to all my wonderful friends!

We had a very quiet New Year's Eve yesterday. From the looks of our neighborhood last night, seemed as everyone was staying home. No big plans for today. I need to start taking down the decorations. I'm still enjoying them, so I may not do it too fast. I think I'll take the ornaments off the tree but keep the lights on until tomorrow. The kids' playroom is a disaster, so I'm going to start getting that in order this morning so they can have the rest of the day to mess it up again :thud: . Our weather is a little chilly today so I'm not sure if we will get much time to play outside, I'm a whimp with the cold and I don't want them outside by themselves.

Have a great day!!

lovey195

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Island in the Sun
Hi all and Happy New Year to everyone!

DH, DN's and the furbabies are all sleeping and I will soon crawl back into bed and do a bit of reading and a bit of dozing. The plan for today was to take DN's and the Furbabies to the beach but unfortunately it seems as though today will be one of those days where it rains on and off the entire day, so I think that idea is out the window. I may just laze around the house today and do a bit of reading, tidy up a bit after the DN's leave and make dinner tonight.

Oh yes, and I do want to start with my daily journal from today. I plan to put to the front of my journal MrsSoup's post 40 Better Life Tips. In my daily writings, I will complete the sentences appearing at nos. 4 and 38 of the 40 Better Life Tips. If you haven't read that post yet, I suggest you do. Most of the tips are super simple feel good things that you can do easily, cost you nothing but will make you feel good.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Happy New Year!

I woke up feeling sort of crampy this morning and my lower back is achy as well. Not sure what's going on but will monitor the situation.

For lunch we're going to my mom's for ham and beans and black-eyed peas w/cornbread. It's a New Year's Day tradition for us to bring good luck in the new year. I hung up my 2009 calendar this morning. It's so nice to see a fresh calendar, even though it's already got stuff written in it. LOL I bought a Living with Intention calendar and the quote for January is, "If you can't be a highway, be a trail. If you can't be the sun, be a star. It isn't by size that you win or you fail. Be the best of whoever you are." -Rebeccan McCann

Today I plan on mostly getting some boxes packed up and my bedding washed. I need to shower and bathe the kids this morning as well after I make breakfast (chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin bread). Other than that, no big plans.

Both kids were in bed by 8 last night and I was in bed before 9 myself. No celebrating going on here. LOL

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
:heartsNY: to you all!

I stayed up until midnight, watching P.S. I love you. What a tear-jerker. I cried for almost 2 hours...it brought forth just how much I love my husband. :lovestruck: We went to bed after all of the fireworks died down about 12:15.

Nothing major plannned today. We'll probably try out a few of the games that the kids got for Christmas, play the Wii, and then head over to my mom's around 5 for a dinner of sauerkraut and pork. I'm not supposed to leave the house, but I think going 5 blocks to my mom's in a car will be okay. ;-)

Have a wonderful holiday!

Blessings,
Lisa