HGP 2014 Week 11, Garage/Storage Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Week Eleven, Garage/Storage Week, at the Holiday Grand Plan gets us into garage and storage areas.

The waning days of Autumn are a good time to rout out household storage areas, so we're ready to access extra tables, chairs and seasonal decorations. Cooler--but not yet cold--weather eases the job, and we'll feel good knowing that storage areas are clean and prepared for winter cold.

In holiday prep, we look ahead to the Thanksgiving meal, and see to the family's holiday clothing.

Ready? Let's get organized with Garage Week in the Holiday Grand Plan

Deep Cleaning/Organizing Area:

Holiday Prep:
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Review and revise menus and other plans.
  • Plan table setting
  • Plan centerpiece, make as much as possible now (or order it from florist).
  • Reserve any items needed to be borrowed or rented.
  • Get everyone's holiday clothes purchased/cleaned/pressed.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Forecast is looking less likely for snow - good thing, not ready for winter yet :)
Adding snowblower maintenance to our list of garage chores this week!

Most of the storm windows need to be cleaned and put back up still - they are in the garage too.

Busy week getting ready for the cold!:snowman:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The garage is dh's domain. Since he is not working this week I'm hoping he declutters & organizes in the garage and his part of the basement.

I made bacon-wrapped sausages this weekend for the freezer - for the Holidays.
Christmas cards are almost ready to go (missing 2 addresses... people that keep moving so I wait until I receive theirs with their new address to send mine) and I need to go get some more stamps too.

DH just finished painting the office-guest room so I need to replace stuff in there. I did reorganize the armoire in there this morning.

will have to start Christmas baking soon. I'm thinking next weekend either that or decorating :)