HGP 2014 Week 12,

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
HGP 2014 Week 12, Attic Week

Week 12: November 16-22, 2014

Cooler weather makes it easy to check and organize the attic and storage areas during Week Twelve, Attic Week.

No attic? Use this week to work on undone tasks, or to tackle a bonus area in the home.

We continue to move toward Thanksgiving in holiday prep, preparing to set a pretty holiday table. Are you working on holiday gifts?

Ready? Let's get organized with Attic Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

Deep Cleaning/Organizing Area:

Attic / Storage
Attic / Storage checklist

Holiday Prep:

• Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Make place cards.
  • Make 3x5 card for each serving dish, list what goes in it, garnish, how much before dinner can it go in and serving silverware used with it; tape it to edge of dish.
  • Be sure all dishes are clean!
  • Borrow or buy any additional serving dishes needed.
  • Buy reusable foil bakeware from party paper place.
  • Are linens clean and ready? Unfold and verify that all spots can be hidden by centerpiece.
  • Work on centerpiece.

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Back injury last week had me down for the count - with leftover pain this week but now able to sit and break open the laptop and as long as I do not sit or bend working on this weeks tasks!

Shopping today was first on the task list, picked up boys pajamas for Christmas Eve, socks and underwear for stockings and a sweater for my youngest son.

Found some winter boots and a wool jacket on half price, plus some double thick thermal socks for winter warmth.

Attic is in pretty good condition overall - I think, as my husband does not like me going up the 'service stairs', will need to wait for new stairs installed in the spring!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Food drive at the stores today, bag of pre-packed groceries to build a mountain of food!

Went through the boys old winter clothes, and dropped of their never worn snow pants a a very new looking winter parka for the snowsuit drive.

3x5 cards are done and marked with the dish they go in (for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day brunch)

Our extra freezer meals came in handy this week :)
Today I put in four bags of pre-cooked meatballs, ready for a quick meal or into the crockpot for a goto potluck.

Outside winter urn is ready, will need to work on the winter hanging basket and the wreath next.

Set a day to cut down our tree!:santa3: