HGP 2014 week 5, Master Bathroom

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Week Five sees us into the master bathroom and linen closets for Master Bathroom Week at the Holiday Grand Plan.

We'll clean and organize personal care and linen storage areas, and continue working on seasonal clothing plans.

Holiday prep continues to move forward on to-make and to-buy gifts, and includes a wardrobe check for kids.

Ready? Let's get organized with Master Bathroom Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

Cleaning/Organizing Area:

Master Bathroom/Linen Closet
Master Bathroom checklist

Holiday Prep
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Take toys and books that are outgrown, clean them up and prepare them for donation to toy drives.
  • Make list of toys and books that children would enjoy and that would fit in their rooms and that would work with what they have. Keep it hand for telling family what they would like.
  • Inventory clothing and have another list of clothing items needed. Measure the children and put measurements on this list.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Completed the clothing inventory this morning, do teenage boys ever stop growing!? New winter coats are needed for two, and all three need new winter boots, hats and gloves! Good grief!

Master bathroom will eventually be going under a total renovation - but do not think that will be before the holidays - so giving it a very big clean sweep, and making lists of desired changes :) It is pretty much a big square - so really need storage for towels and other items when the renovation begins. I love my clawfoot tub, but it is not great for individuals with disabilities - especially when they are 6'1" - thats the catalyst really for the big changes, an accessible bathing area with supports.

We do not have 'toys' anymore really, but I am having my boys go through their games, and whatever they no longer like will go to the 'trade in' for credits towards a game they would like.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am working on the master bedroom. It needs some serious work on Wednesday.

I went through the meds drawer a couple of weeks ago and re-did the first aid kits at the weekend (I keep one in the kitchen and another in the car, the latter is handy for sports and adventure days).

I need to do some measurements on DD as she has grown recently and is in between sizes I think. We also want to go look at Halloween costumes so that could be a good excuse. I know we will need to buy a Christmas outfit this year for her too, but I don't think we'll do that until November. I don't think I need new clothes, but I will keep my eyes open for nice things.

I am keeping the listing of toys and books for next week, when I blitz DDs room as that's where most of them are kept.

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
That new stamp is very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

I've only been able to do some freezer meals and holiday cookie dough for the freezer so far this week:

- 2 pans of Manicotti
- 1 batch of Magic Bar Cookie Dough
- 1 batch of White Chocolate Topped Gingerbread Cookie Dough
- 3 Beef and Mushroom Crockpot meals

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got both of the bathrooms done today! Woot! Woot! :)

Between that and cleaning the microwave today I am feeling good!!! Now if I can just keep on track with some crafting tonight!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
No crafting! :( Worked on spreadsheets to get organized for final push of house construction, paint color choices, etc.

Looks like we'll be moving in about a month - which is great - but will make this time of year even more hectic. Yipe. Just yipe. :)

I did get a batch of Mini Bacon Pinwheel appetizers into freezer yesterday. And I made up a batch of Lemon Crinkle Cookie dough, have it chilling in fridge now and will make it up into the little ball shapes and freeze later today.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Chopped onions and celery from the farmers market and put in bag for "stuffing" the turkey. The celery is often not something I freeze - but as there was still some local stock we picked it up, it will be soft when it thaws - but as it is just sauteed with the onions it does not impact the final product at all.

I have also prepared multiple bags of carrots for the freezer, and have shredded more than enough for carrot muffins (will bake tomorrow afternoon and freeze) also shredded zucchini and will make muffins to add them as well to the freezer. Farm fresh green Beans are in the freezer and will be a wonderful addition to Christmas Day dinner.

Will roast our pumpkins tomorrow, pumpkin butter and pumpkin puree for pies.

I now have a turkey in the freezer for Thanksgiving and a lovely ham for Boxing Day. Very much looking forward to making ham and split pea soup for New Years Day with the bone!

Ordered some pajamas for the boys and DH Christmas Eve gifts (one piece fleece sets with our hockey team logo).

Feeling good about the amount of food I was able to put already in the freezer! Our last CSA basket is next week - and thinking we will pick up an extra basket of potatoes and as many butternut squash as we can fit.

Could use an extra day this weekend!