HGP 2015 - Week 11 - Garage/Storage Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Week 11 - here we GO!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/11-garage-storage-week

Week Eleven, Garage/Storage Week, at the Holiday Grand Plan gets us into garage and storage areas.

The waning days of Autumn are a good time to rout out household storage areas, so we're ready to access extra tables, chairs and seasonal decorations. Cooler--but not yet cold--weather eases the job, and we'll feel good knowing that storage areas are clean and prepared for winter cold.

In holiday prep, we look ahead to the Thanksgiving meal, and see to the family's holiday clothing.

Ready? Let's get organized with Garage Week in the Holiday Grand Plan

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Will leave the garage to DH and continue to use this week as Catch Up on the cleaning tasks!

Cleaning Catch Up

[X] Empty and wipe out silverware drawer
[ ] Deep clean stove top
[ ] Deep clean stove top grates
[ ] Clean underside of vent hood
[ ] Dust vent hood copper, etc.
[ ] Master Bedroom Closet
[ ] Playroom Close

Holiday Prep

[/] Make one batch of cookie dough for freezer OR Make one freezer meal or meal component - Have one batch of Blue Cheese Walnut Twist appetizers in the freezer as of lat night, and a double batch of Ham Balls as well. Have a day off scheduled this week to do a burst of freezer cooking - should be the last major one this year!
[ ] Work on Christmas Cards

[ ] Buy three items from non-perishable Master Grocery List
[X] Buy 1/8th of gifts left to purchase on Master Chr List document - Have gotten DS taken care of and the majority of gifts for twin girls of my oldest friend/like a sister

[ ] Start wrapping packages - focus on gifts to be shipped first!
[ ] Review menu plans (Revise as needed)
[ ] Complete purchase/cleaning/ironing of any holiday outfits
[/] Plan for online sales during Black Friday timeframe - Have been all over GottaDeal's website the last few days! So excited!
[ ] Craft

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a batch of Cocoa Kiss Cookie dough mixed up and in the fridge last night. Will work on shaping the dough around Hershey Kisses and then flash freezing tonight!

Also picked up cupcake liners, foil pans, etc. at the $ store today. And some gift tags! I had meant to make them all this year but decided having a pack on hand was a good idea at this point!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Had a freezer cooking day yesterday!

- Flash froze Cocoa Kiss Cookie dough!
- Made a log of cookie dough (Swirl Sugar Cookie coated in sprinkles)
- Made Baked White Cheddar Mac and split between two 8x8 pans
- Made a double batch of PW Cheddar Puffs
- Made Chicken Pillows - they are frozen unbaked and you make a creamy parmesan sauce the day of cooking
- Made a batch of Cheese Straws as well

Freezers are FULL! Barely had room to flash freeze everything! I am planning on us eating from the freezer a few time over the next week so hopefully I can free up enough space for the cookie dough and kiefflies I plan to make this weekend! There's got to be a way to rearrange it somehow!

SO glad I didn't buy a frozen turkey this week! That would have finished me!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So lonely on this thread! I think everyone has been caught up in the holiday rush already...

:)

Cleaning Catch Up

[X] Empty and wipe out silverware drawer
[ ] Deep clean stove top
[ ] Deep clean stove top grates
[ ] Clean underside of vent hood
[ ] Dust vent hood copper, etc.
[X] Master Bedroom Closet
[ ] Playroom Close

Holiday Prep

[X] Make one batch of cookie dough for freezer OR Make one freezer meal or meal component
[ ] Work on Christmas Cards
[X] Buy three items from non-perishable Master Grocery List
[X] Buy 1/8th of gifts left to purchase on Master Chr List document - Have ordered last of gifts for DS now and a couple things for DH! Small gift for teenage niece arrived yesterday too!
[X] Start wrapping packages - focus on gifts to be shipped first!
[/] Review menu plans (Revise as needed)
[ ] Complete purchase/cleaning/ironing of any holiday outfits
[X] Plan for online sales during Black Friday timeframe - Looks like my shopping will be at Meijer and online this year. Ads just weren't what I was hoping for! :(
[ ] Craft - Still haven't gotten back into crafting! So tired at end of the night!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a batch of Kieffle dough mixed up, shaped into balls and set in the fridge last night. Will make filling and bake them today!

Also got a batch of Vanilla Dipped Gingersnaps in the freezer - just the dough shaped into little balls and rolled in sugar. I'll dip them after baking :)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Garage is husbands domain - so thankfully I try to avoid the whole thing :)

I did go through a lot of storage items and was able to rid ourselves of stuff we do not need and freed a lot of valuable space!