HGP 2015 - Week 5 - Master Bathroom Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Master Bathroom, it's a boy mess! We have a tiny ensuite in our master bedroom (that's my space), the master bathroom is the boys and it does require a great deal of attention this week!

We do plan on removing the tub and installing a walk-in shower, a full size mirror medicine/storage cabinet and a towel tower/cubby area. These are all on the hubby to-do list this fall :) yesterday I added a stool to his list, he better get moving or the list may get longer!

We do not have a linen closet yet (still on the wish list) but I do need to go through the linen in the bedrooms and see what needs to be purchased for the upcoming colder nights.

Boys clothing, need to really do this - very timely task! The older two boys are not growing out of their clothing thankfully at the same pace, but all three do require some refreshing and repairs.

Lots to keep me busy this week!:snowman:

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Well, we had a *really* busy week this past week, which included a family wedding out-of-town and a 5K the next morning. WHOO. Soooo...I'm a bit behind on a few of my tasks for Week 4 but I have made a HUGE dent in Week 5 by finishing my deep clean of the master bathroom this morning.

Also... TRADER JOE'S opened about 20 minutes north of my house this weekend, very close to my normal grocery shopping haunts. :D Previously, the closest one was almost two and a half hours away. There is a lot of excitement in town this weekend over the new store; I went to check it out this morning and brought home a few bags of goodies to try. Love it!

Wrapping up Week 4...
[ ] Sort items in dresser drawers. Only put back items that will be worn. **Need to attack "overflow" in guest room dresser.
[/] Sort bedroom closet. **Finish hubby's side!
[/] Sort shoes. **Check foyer closet and sort shoes in there. I'm considering painting the inside of that closet. I need to think about this more.
[/] Remove clutter. **A few things that I removed need to be put away.
[X] Wash pillows.

Week 5
[X] Sort and tidy medicine box. Throw out expired items, and make a "To Buy" list to replace them. **Oops, I think I didn't do this last year. SO glad that I went through everything. There was a LOT to toss, but thankfully, not much at all to replace.
[ ] Replace towels if necessary.
[X] Replace bath mat if necessary. **I just purchased new ones in August, so we're fine here.
[X] Replace soap dish if necessary. **Just switched to my seasonal ones from Pottery Barn. Sooo pretty. :) The everyday one is still in good condition and just needs cleaned and put away until January.
[ ] Replace shower curtain if necessary. **We need a new curtain rod FOR SURE.
[X] Wash and sanitize wastebasket.
[X] Clean bathroom scale.
[X] Sort and tidy makeup.
[ ] Purchase seasonal bathroom products as needed. **We need more hand soap.
[X] Deep clean bathroom (wash sinks, counters, toilet, tub, doors, light fixtures, cabinets, mirrors, walls, and floor)
[ ] Make one batch of holiday goodies.
[ ] Make a holiday meal for the freezer.
[ ] Buy two canned items from the Thanksgiving menu.

For my American friends, don't forget that holiday postage stamps go on sale later this week!

Last edited:

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
Boy is this timely! We're having a contractor come Tuesday to discuss new floors, one being the master bath. Spent the afternoon deep cleaning it. Organizing the large linen closet tomorrow. Not looking forward to that, but will be so glad when it's nice and neat for the holidays!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to check the linen closet too. DS has just bought new linen but I want to check his current items and see what can be tossed/donated.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Since I got mixed up and thought last week was Master Bath week I'm ahead of the game this week!

So this week is a mish mash of tasks for Master Bath I didn't do last week and leftover items from Master Bedroom week!

Master Bath Tasks Left:

[ ] Dust Lights
[ ] Windex pictures

Master Bedroom Tasks Left:

[/] Flip clothes by season in closet - Did mine, have to do DH next
[ ] Replace batteries in closet light
[ ] Vacuum behind dressers
[ ] Wipe down light switches

Holiday Prep:

[/] Finalize menus for all holidays, parties, etc. - 99% done, just need a good once over to make sure I'm not missing anything!
[ ] Review budget
[X] Make at least two freezer meals or meal components - Got two batches of Stuffed Acorn Squash (new recipe) in freezer this weekend!
[X] Test new Lemon Cookie recipe for the holidays - Tried Lemon Snowball cookies yesterday and they turned out great! Baked most and froze about 5 - will test baking them from frozen another weekend but do not anticipate any trouble with that!
[ ] Crafting! Work on Christmas gifts!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Took another day off work yesterday and did more painting of trim and also exterior doors.

Got two coats of white paint on all floor trim in entryway, large hallway and living room closet. Got one coat on DS bathroom including inside door frame. Had to some some caulking too.

Only got one coat of paint on exterior doors - it was a little too cold and the paint keep clumping/running on me :(

Have been spending some time crafting too. Will try to finish up other misc. HGP tasks for last two weeks tomorrow!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Everyone is doing so good! I'm not following at all, but I did do most in May so it's just mostly maintenance. that helps. I'Ll try to do some this weekend

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bathroom time...ugh I think I should get it all done this weekend as we have a long weekend. I did the bathrooms not so long ago so I am hoping that it will be a fairly quick job.
Still need to do that linen cupboard.

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
I'm working on freezer meals this evening by making a double recipe of World's Best Lasagna, and I think I have enough cheese, noodles, and sauce to put together three ~10"x10"x3" foil pans of it, so that will be about six meals for the husband and me (12 servings altogether). The sauce is homemade (part of the recipe) and absolutely delicious. I always cut back on the salt due to the saltiness of the tomatoes.

While the sauce was simmering, I decided to sweep and mop the kitchen. Husband is away on a business trip this evening, so I have lots of time to just putter around the house and get some things done. :)

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Looks wonderful CheeryChick!

JUST finished the bathroom! Sitting down with a glass of water and a quick visit here before I start my evening routine for Sunday.

:snowman:

Today's cooking was a pumpkin cornbread, pumpkin pudding and pumpkin coffee cake! All from one wee pie pumpkin.