HGP 2015 - Week 9 - Pantry

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Week Nine at the Holiday Grand Plan, Pantry Week, finds us still in the kitchen.

This week, we focus on food storage, the pantry and any additional closets. Taking time to declutter, deep-clean and organize these storage areas will pay off when holiday baking begins.

Holiday prep chores this week see us begin to address Christmas cards, continue to work on holiday gifts, and start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner.

Ready? Let's get organized with Pantry Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh I am glad that we are getting to organise the pantry. Mine is relatively small and it tends to get messy quite easily. Most of the Christmas "Goodies" are hidden in my gift closet so that they don't accidently get eaten and I have to re buy. I would like to find a different place for those items.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Going through packages today and tossing anything expired - and putting items in the "must use this" bin in our dinner plans, before THEY expire too.

Pantry stock is in pretty good shape, but would like a few extra containers for dry goods and added a couple more bags of flours to the shopping list for holiday baking.

Halloween, we are almost ready - will carve pumpkins tomorrow night. Will make caramel apples and pumpkin seeds with the boys Wednesday. A pumpkin coffee cake for the staff meeting, Friday.

We have a lot of cards left over from the past few years - a few of each design, so we are going to use those up this year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tam, what a good idea to put anything about to expire on the meal plan. When I clean the pantry I will look for things that are getting short on date and try to incorporate them into my meals for this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I did some work on Pantry last week - I have a large walk in and it was pretty bad! I got rid of expired items and straightened what was left.

We're gearing up for a camping trip this weekend so there is probably minimal action happening in the Pantry for me this week - other than just trying to keep it looking semi-nice!

I haven't been able to find a store selling Christmas cards yet - but I'm on the hunt!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lemon snowball cookies??? that just sounds yummy... off to find a recipe for that

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lemon snowball cookies do sound good!!!!!!