Hgp 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
June is here, summer is weeks away - so my thoughts begin to travel to the most likely place, Christmas :)

Yes we are only a few months away from HGP 2015! What is your plan for this year?

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
So, funny, that is what happens to me at the beginning of Summer, my mind not only turns to long sunny wonderful days of summer, but to Christmas as well, they seem to go hand in hand in my mind. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
OUTstanding! Yet another affirmation of why I love MHH, my Christmas kindred spirits and I think so much alike!

Every June I get that rush of Christmas spirit! :)

And I've been thinking about the HGP too! Was so excited to see a post in this area! I am definitely doing it this year!

I've been checking OC website every so often to see if the new calendars have been posted yet. I'm guessing things will kick off Sunday, August 30th but we'll see.

Summer goes by so fast it will be here before we know it!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I determined to follow the HGP this year. THe past several years the late summer/fall was hetic with the kids football/cheerleading practices and games that were rarely home long enough to do anything outside bare minimal chores. That resulted in the holidays (Halloween through Christmas) feeling rushed and lacking.

Well not this year. Kids have decided they are taking a break from sports/cheerleading this fall which translate into more free time. YIPPY!!!

I will be spending the summer decluttering and purging. What doesnt sell at the yard sale will be donated. All of this will take place before the end of Aug so I will be ready to take on the HGP. I cant wait and I am looking forward to it.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I am very excited for HGP. The years I host Christmas I do HGP. The years my sister hosts I do HHP. We switch every other year. This year I host. I am so glad that I found this site and can share my HGP successes ( as well as failures, here on out referred to as "challenges and opportunities" lol) with such a great group of ladies.

Kelly

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been continuing my work on getting a head start on all the lists that come with the first week of HGP.

Right now I'm figuring out when I can plug in what freezer cooking recipes. I have a Daily To Do List Word document I keep running year round, and I'm updating each weekend with recipes to be made.

I've been getting a little better at meal planning farther in advance. Right now I have meals planned about a month out. I'm going to look at when I'm making what freezer recipes and then plug them into the meal schedule accordingly. I think this should let me tell if I've over planned the amount of meals I'm intending to make.

So much planning to do!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love today, why?

Because it is 123 days till Christmas :tree:

A great number, and a perfect day to wrap my first purchased gift for this holiday season!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Great countdown number!

I made master menus and shopping lists sever years ago for both Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. I'm very excited to use those and not have to think about it again.

I've already printed my pages and written in chores to be done. I did that several weeks ago, so I'll review them today.

My main problem is keeping up with regular household maintenance, I always want to focus on the "room of the week" and the rest of the house suffers from weekly chores. I hope to make the two mesh this year.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
My main problem is keeping up with regular household maintenance, I always want to focus on the "room of the week" and the rest of the house suffers from weekly chores. I hope to make the two mesh this year.__________________

Couldn't agree more. Week 1 I will have a beautiful porch but dusty bedroom!!!!

Kelly

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have found that using the Sunday of each HGP to hit my list of cleaning tasks hard works best for me. But I typically have more time available on that day - I spread my weekly cleaning chores out through the week these days - just what's been working.

It is still a challenge - some weeks more than others!