HGP Week 15: December 8-14, 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We're finished ... maybe.

That's why Week Fifteen, Finish-Up Week, is devoted to finish-up tasks.

It's now or never, and the season is here. In the house, we'll tend to any un-done chores, bonus areas, or final preparations.

In holiday prep, the season enters full swing this week. We'll finish mailing packages and cards, and prepare for the final stretch to the holiday.

Ready? Let's get organized with Finish-Up Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

Deep Cleaning/Organizing Area:
Finish-Up Week
Finish-Up Week checklist

Holiday Prep:
Mail rest of packages and all cards

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
2nd Advent Sunday.
It will be a busy week with lots of unexpected changes, such as DH travel today for work; he will return Friday.

Our staff Christmas get together Wednesday has been cancelled, very disappointing! Thursday middle son has a wisdom tooth removed. Not the most festive week, but time marches on and things must be done :)

Our tree is up, but we are still holding off on decorations as we are training the new pup that this big green thing in the room is not to chew! Thinking by Saturday it will be old news to her, and we can complete the dining room tree!

Boys have been Christmas cookie monsters over the weekend - seem to need to bake a few more batches this week to last the holiday!

Final packages are sent out Monday after work!
Tuesday, will be focus on clutter control.
Wednesday, outside final touches completed on decor.
Thursday spot cleaning as son sleeps off his surgery.
Friday, family fun night.
Saturday sees me baking and watching holiday shows! Hanging ornaments on the tree and picking up our poinsettias.
Have the Hap Hap Happiest week ladies! :snowman:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh did not pull out the rest of the decorating boxes from the crawl space so that did not get done. I'm working on the cards. The next two days are filled so maybe I can finish with the decorations then.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I finally got to the craft fair on Sunday - but I did get presents for 3 people there (and a few food goodies for me), as well as a Spanish flavourings set for BIL at the school fair. So I only have a couple of small things left to get, and I could get away with what I have already if need be.

This week will be busy though, I have no cards written (and a half dozen at least have missed the international posting deadline last Friday! Oops!). No wrapping done. No hair apt booked (and my hairdresser sent me a msg last night that he's now left the salon!).

Today, I want to tidy the kitchen, have a decent shower and do my hair, and get an early night.

Tomorrow, DD has swimming, and after that I will fold laundry. I will bring the cards to write while she is in the pool.

Thursday, we have our work lunch, and I might start to wrap when DD is in bed.

Friday, we've been invited to a party in a neighbour's house, so I need a present for a 13 year old boy, and to find my kitch Christmas jewellery.

Saturday, DH arrives HOME!! DD has the KIddies party in my office, and it should be a quiet night at home.

Sunday, we have hockey training, followed by the preparation mass for DD's holy communion next May, followed by the Santa Train trip - so a day of running and racing!!

And I need to get the laundry situation sorted (plenty of clean things - but an overflowing pile of folding), as well as organizing what to pack for travelling the following Saturday morning (the morning after my office Christmas party - which is generally a late night with a lot of socializing and dancing!! - DH is the designated driver on Saturday, as we head off for the whole week of Christmas).