Holiday Grand Plan - Kitchen Week Oct. 16-22

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love my kitchen, all the best things happen there!

I am a big foodie, love to cook for friends and family. Kitchens are really the heart of a home - and I am so happy my kitchen is almost complete it's renovation!!!
This weekend we will order the final two pieces of cabinets, and ask the granite guys if they can make a small 'shelf' for our pet dishes.
(put some almost 'before' pics on blog)​

This is also the week where we evalute our progress. How are you doing?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My kitchen needs this week! I have drywall dust from the holes we put in the newly painted wall. It's all over the baseboards so they need to be washed down. And my counters need a good scrubbing. I'll have my hand full and my nails will be icky from all the wash water. lol

I need to see if I picked up Christmas cards last year. I really do not remember from year to year. I'll pull that stuff out tomorrow when I'm in the storage area looking for a basket for the Scrapbooking Basket I'm making DD's Crowning Achievements group.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am tackling a lot of little jobs around the house, as the kitchen is actually in pretty good nick.
[] Sort press over coffee maker
[] Clean down worktop between fridge and microwave
[] Put away materials I won't need before Christmas (into attic)
[] Hoover my wardrobe
[] Put things into storage (lots gathered here) and take out winter clothes etc - have them organised to go
[] Get all my winter things out of the storage unit
[] Return library books (I've gathered them together, ready to go)
[] Sort paperwork in basket
[] Clean all airvents upstairs
[] Check smoke alarm batteries
[] Sweep chimney
[] Order coal for Friday delivery
[] Book dentist checkups
[] Book eye exam
[] Wash dressing gowns
[] Book dentist appointments

[] Finalise holiday location decision
[][] Work on crafts list (see seperate chafters challenge post)
[x] Check master budget/gifts list
[][] Buy 2 gifts
[][][] Wrap gifts finished (I have 5 ready to wrap now)
[] Write 5 cards
[] Organise Hallowe'en outfit
[] Make 1 holiday goodie
[] Make 1 freezer meal
[] Put away 2 extra goodwill foods

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
10/17 - Kitchen Week: With colder weather.... I find it so much more tempting to work in the kitchen!!!!!

The kitchen looks out on the back porch.... which STILL has lots of pots of flowers blooming. This week.... I will move these pots OFF the porch.... and into the yard. I need to be able to clear snow and ice off the back porch!!! I'm counting this as part of "Kitchen Week" work.... since looking outside is important while working in the kitchen!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I will be spending a bunch of time in the kitchen this week, but most of it won't be cleaning! I am so glad I've been doing kitchen cupboards/drawers here and there for the past few weeks or I would be seriously concerned about HGP this week!

I have a ton of apples to can and a load of raw meat to get into the freezer (but some of it has to be turned into freezer meals/meal components first)....

Sooo...I'm going to look at it this way: I usually take two weeks for the kitchen on HGP anyway - using next weeks Pantry/Closets week as "round two" since I do the closets in a room when I do that room on the plan. :)

Besides, I am hopeful that I will get through all this raw meat and all these apples (isn't that a lovely combo? lol Can I just say I love bleach? Boo to cross contamination! Not in MY kitchen!) by the end of the week.

That will leave Saturday - and naptime on Saturday - to get some more HGP tasks done. For example, the floor could use a real GOOD scrubbing. More than a Swiffer!!!

Checkpoint Week! Evaluate Your Progress:

[X]If unable to find an item for a person on list contact them or their family for ideas - No trouble here!

[Pending] Homemade gift eval - I have several homemade gift items I want to do this year that I haven't even started yet due to the all consuming Quiet Book present for DS. I will have to see how long it takes me to finally finish that sucker before I can really tell if I have time left to make anything else!

The other things I had in mind are much simpler, quicker projects. But time is going to start to FLY!

[X] Buy pumpkin for Halloween - Done!

[X] Review costume plans with children - DS is little enough we can still pick his costume. This year he is going to be a gorilla. He looks SO adorable in his costume. Especially when we get him to make the monkey noise (and arm motions). LOL

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am tackling a lot of little jobs around the house, as the kitchen is actually in pretty good nick.
[x] Sort press over coffee maker
[x] Clean down worktop between fridge and microwave
[x] Put away materials I won't need before Christmas (into attic)
[x] Hoover my wardrobe
[x] Put things into storage (lots gathered here) and take out winter clothes etc - have them organised to go
[x] Get all my winter things out of the storage unit
[x] Return library books (I've gathered them together, ready to go)
[] Sort paperwork in basket
[] Clean all airvents upstairs
[] Check smoke alarm batteries
[] Sweep chimney
[] Order coal for Friday delivery
[] Book dentist checkups
[] Book eye exam
[] Wash dressing gowns

[] Finalise holiday location decision
[][] Work on crafts list (see seperate chafters challenge post)
[x] Check master budget/gifts list
[x][] Buy 2 gifts
[][][] Wrap gifts finished (I have 5 ready to wrap now)
[] Write 5 cards
[] Organise Hallowe'en outfit
[] Make 1 holiday goodie
[] Make 1 freezer meal
[] Put away 2 extra goodwill foods

I am not doing great this year - I got a few things done but I feel like I am falling behind and will be doing a LOT at the last minute.

I can't get DH to think about it either - he doesn't want to talk about where we'll be, but he does say we can't afford an independent location (which shores up my preferences).

I'll get there eventually though....

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Post Week Check In:

[X] Apples canned
[X] Raw meat either frozen or turned into freezer meals, then frozen
[X] Junk/Infant Meds Drawer cleaned/reorganized
[X] Fronts of appliances wiped down

Will finish up with cleaning tasks for Kitchen this coming week!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I still need to clean under the refrig and stove.