HP- Week 28

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Welcome to week 28 of The Happiness Project. This month we are working on: Lightning up! This month we have worked on: Sing in the Morning and Acknowledge the Reality of People's Feelings. This week we add: Be a Treasure House of Happy Memories. Corresponding reading pages- 101-106

Gretchen talks about the importance of keeping happy memories vivid. She wanted to make sure she provided this for her daughters. With this thought in mind Gretchen made a vow to:

* Keep up with the family photo albums- her husband loved pouring through them.

* She took on the role of family reporter- so she could relay happy events to her childrens' grandparents~ even a quick email about a school event.

* Made a vow to keep family traditions- especially around holidays. Studies show that family traditions support children's social development and strengthen family cohesiveness. Children, especially, crave routine and predictability. Gretchen's husband came up with an idea for Sunday dinner- called Polite night. At Sunday dinner, everyone needs to use their best manners and the table must be set properly.

* Keep important keepsakes for the kids. Gretchen chose file boxes to keep things for her daughters.

Gretchen also pointed out the importance of energy- because when you're tired and/or low, doing these things feels like a burden.

This week's thought: When we reminisce about posititve times in our lives, we feel happy. People remember events better when they fit their present mood, therefore, happy people remember happy events better.

This week's Resolution: Be a Treasure House of Happy Memories

Share you journey, thoughts here!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nice! Talking about memories with kids... I always receive the family on New Year's eve... and yesterday dd asked me what I was doing this year for supper on New Year's eve! I told her she was a bit early with those questions :) Seems that everything is organized in her head if she has the same boyfriend. the 24th at mom's, 25th at her boyfriend's, 31st at our house and 1st at her boyfriends. She's organized!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just ordered a bunch of pictures to update the photo albums.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Keeping up the family albums is right up my alley. My pet peeve is photos of orphan children. Those "family photos" of just the kids with the parents left out. The adults need to be in the photo too. Memories for the family should be of the WHOLE family.

Also people tend to do photo albums of their kids. Kids need to see photo albums of when their parents were kids. They have no memories of that and once we die the memories go with us if we do not document it. IMO it is more important for people to do their own childhood First then their children's.

I do wish I had written down the cute things my kids had done or said as they were growing up. I thought I'd always remember them but now do not. A calendar would have done the trick if I had just written it down.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Checking in with everyone.

I need to get my pictures sorted and organized. Most are in a very large rubbermaid tub. And, as some know, I cannot find my all time favorite pic.

So, definetly- this needs to happen!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am bad about the pictures and stuff. The funny thing is we were talking about this today. My Aunt said we should right down funny stuff that has happened on our vacation.